DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dealing With Customer Service (AUDIO)

RoyEP3

Reactions
So I just want to share my horrible experience with customer service.

So my issue is that my Mavic disconnects and shuts off its motors, which has lead to multiple crashes. Video and discussion of this can be found here. They say it's "user error" and want to charge $244. I say it should be covered under warranty, and it's just back and forth from there.

Mavic Disconnects and Motors Shut Off (VIDEO)

Here is the audio of my experience:

To be fair, I feel bad for the person I was talking to for being at the end of this long mess. But as a customer, this whole process has been a nightmare.

Last edited:
Reactions: BigEegit and Skrems
They are using CS reps in Manila Philippines(lived there almost 10 years) trained by their Chinese bosses to be robotic masters in the art of stonewalling, douchebaggery and cue card reading(war). Good luck to anyone needing service LOL

So I just want to share my horrible experience with customer service.

So my issue is that my Mavic disconnects and shuts off its motors, which has lead to multiple crashes. Video and discussion of this can be found here. They say it's "user error" and want to charge $244. I say it should be covered under warranty, and it's just back and forth from there.

Mavic Disconnects and Motors Shut Off (VIDEO)

Here is the audio of my experience:

To be fair, I feel bad for the person I was talking to for being at the end of this long mess. But as a customer, this whole process has been a nightmare.
Wow that is some crap!
What are your options now?
Do you have the DJI care?

This is just flat out ridiculous. I don't see how they can call it pilot error after seeing this video. Have you posted this over at the DJI FORUM ? Just thinkin' that maybe one of the DJI reps on there can help get this resolved for ya. Worth a try...

Reactions: Skrems and Blades
How on Gods green earth did you keep your cool? Maybe Thunder-drone can help you get this resolved.

My mind is officially blown :eek:
After seeing that top video, I can't understand how they can have the audacity to claim it was YOUR fault when you VERY CLEARLY were not even touching your controllers and all on screen data looked to be about as perfect as it could possibly be when the Mavic simply dropped.:mad:
This alone is a perfect example of why I will NEVER again buy anything from DJI and will try to dissuade anyone from buying from them as well.
Of my 3 quads, a 5 year old DJI F450 Flamewheel and a Yuneec Q500+ 4k, the Mavic is the ONLY one I am most worried about flying.
So very sad.

Good luck with solving your issues.

Reactions: Pete69 and Blades
Sweet mercy that is horrible.. Did you send them a link to the video with what it was doing when you sent it in? Or are they just going by the flight logs and that's it?

So did she transfer you to a manager? Man, obviously their CS is HORRIBLE as I've read these types of stories way to many times.. Just cross my fingers nothing ever happens to mine..

I wouldn't stop.. Go on Twitter, go on DJI forums.. Post this everywhere..

I did not listen to the call. Can you post your logs for that flight so we can see what went wrong?

Reactions: Blades
Never buy directly from a Chinese company. Always buy from a local retailer they need to honor your guarantee

Wow that is some crap!
What are your options now?
Do you have the DJI care?

Well I'm going to open another case and start sharing that video everywhere. I'd like to think DJI would want to fix this issue and prevent it from happening to other Mavics and get bad rep like the Karma.

This is just flat out ridiculous. I don't see how they can call it pilot error after seeing this video. Have you posted this over at the DJI FORUM ? Just thinkin' that maybe one of the DJI reps on there can help get this resolved for ya. Worth a try...

Good idea. I'll share this on there soon. I wanted to share my audio experience first with you guys and then take that down before I go talking to any official DJI reps.

How on Gods green earth did you keep your cool? Maybe Thunder-drone can help you get this resolved.
From personal experience, not trying to be racist, the OP is asian and I've never seen an asian lose their cool.

Oh it was hard. The actual phone call was actually an hour long. Each time she put me on hold was a good 20 minutes, and the only thing she came back to me was "Yes, we've figured it out. It's user error." That was so frustrating!

My mind is officially blown :eek:
After seeing that top video, I can't understand how they can have the audacity to claim it was YOUR fault when you VERY CLEARLY were not even touching your controllers and all on screen data looked to be about as perfect as it could possibly be when the Mavic simply dropped.:mad:
This alone is a perfect example of why I will NEVER again buy anything from DJI and will try to dissuade anyone from buying from them as well.
Of my 3 quads, a 5 year old DJI F450 Flamewheel and a Yuneec Q500+ 4k, the Mavic is the ONLY one I am most worried about flying.
So very sad.

Good luck with solving your issues.

I believe the Mavic can be a good drone. I trust it when it works. With that said, it should work all of the time! As long as they fix this issue, I will keep my good faith.

Errr...... what? Have you ever been to mainland China?

I agree with you 100% on that one.

Sweet mercy that is horrible.. Did you send them a link to the video with what it was doing when you sent it in? Or are they just going by the flight logs and that's it?

So did she transfer you to a manager? Man, obviously their CS is HORRIBLE as I've read these types of stories way to many times.. Just cross my fingers nothing ever happens to mine..

I wouldn't stop.. Go on Twitter, go on DJI forums.. Post this everywhere..

I did not send them the link yet. When I initially sent the drone for repair, I had good faith that they would be able to read the flight logs and replicate the issue. After all, the drone loses signal after no more than 3 minutes. I feel like they did nothing to evaluate the flight logs or even test it. Correction, they DID not do anything according to the flight data I pulled from the Mavic after I returned it. They just wrote up a repair bill.

As for the supervisor that was "forwarded all the information" and that I was connected to.. I waited 20 minutes on hold and asked him if the previous agent explained my situation to him. Of course, he said, "No." So I had to start all over and the supervisor said he would PERSONALLY handle my case (they love using that word), and that he would be emailing me a new shipping label later that day. 48 hours later, guess what? No shipping label.

I eventually created a new case online and will be reshipping my Mavic out today. Thank you all for following this.

They are using CS reps in Manila Philippines(lived there almost 10 years) trained by their Chinese bosses to be robotic masters in the art of stonewalling, douchebaggery and cue card reading(war). Good luck to anyone needing service LOL

You nailed it. I feel like I broke her programming when I asked her "What did they tell you when you asked them for that information?" ERROR..ERROR.

Wow

Day by day I'm losing faith in DJI , their products and their after sales service.
Sure, products sometimes have issues, but that's when the customer service should shine.

Yes, I know. Hundreds if not thousands don't have issues.
Ok. I get it. I believe it.
But what if I'm unlucky with a defective unit?
Statistically I could be. No one can debate that.

Then what do I do?

End up like the original poster of this thread or the other hundreds with weird unexplainable problems?

The happiness I may derive from the mavic does not outweigh the stress I may get with DJI after sales service.

No way.

Well I'm going to open another case and start sharing that video everywhere. I'd like to think DJI would want to fix this issue and prevent it from happening to other Mavics and get bad rep like the Karma.

Good idea. I'll share this on there soon. I wanted to share my audio experience first with you guys and then take that down before I go talking to any official DJI reps.

Oh it was hard. The actual phone call was actually an hour long. Each time she put me on hold was a good 20 minutes, and the only thing she came back to me was "Yes, we've figured it out. It's user error." That was so frustrating!

I believe the Mavic can be a good drone. I trust it when it works. With that said, it should work all of the time! As long as they fix this issue, I will keep my good faith.

I agree with you 100% on that one.

I did not send them the link yet. When I initially sent the drone for repair, I had good faith that they would be able to read the flight logs and replicate the issue. After all, the drone loses signal after no more than 3 minutes. I feel like they did nothing to evaluate the flight logs or even test it. Correction, they DID not do anything according to the flight data I pulled from the Mavic after I returned it. They just wrote up a repair bill.

As for the supervisor that was "forwarded all the information" and that I was connected to.. I waited 20 minutes on hold and asked him if the previous agent explained my situation to him. Of course, he said, "No." So I had to start all over and the supervisor said he would PERSONALLY handle my case (they love using that word), and that he would be emailing me a new shipping label later that day. 48 hours later, guess what? No shipping label.

I eventually created a new case online and will be reshipping my Mavic out today. Thank you all for following this.
I wonder if it would be worthwhile collecting all the MavicPilots members here and collectively putting pressure on DJI for this specific case. "Help get a fellow Mavic Pilot back in the air"

Reactions: BigEegit
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada