DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dear Epson, Can we please get Mavic Mini support

??? Support for accessories that cost twice as the drone. You are a funny guy! The drone is a new beginner drone.

The question is- will the BT-300 run Android 6? Fly app won’t run on Android 5.1- we know that much. Let’s see how many versions of GO4 we have until it is no longer supported either. As good as the BT-300’s are it’s looking like our days are numbered.

Good product, but the support for it by Epson and DJI is making me feel like an abandoned and unwanted child.

Yes, we need support. And they can Enable DJI Fly app to run with the BT-300 unit or just add the Mavic Mini to DJI Go and Soar. They both Epson and DJI can work together and assist the Moverio owners and users.

And how might you propose Epson could enable the app to run on Android 5? The Fly App requires Android 6 as a minimum.
Well, they can compile the app to work on any android version they consider or want. DJI and Epson have collaborated in the past to make DJI GO and Soar work in the units. I don’t see why not this time. If we could only hope or wish for the best instead of assuming the worst. They can do it and I believe they are listening to their customers.

Well, they can compile the app to work on any android version they consider or want. DJI and Epson have collaborated in the past to make DJI GO and Soar work in the units. I don’t see why not this time. If we could only hope or wish for the best instead of assuming the worst. They can do it and I believe they are listening to their customers.
Im not sure what collaboration was required for GO or soar. It is easy enough to side load apps (the epson store availability isn't important).

How many people do you think will be trying to fly a mini with the Bt-300's? This is what will determine if it happens. My guess is it won't. Not about being negative- it is simple reality.

Reactions: Deleted member 3792
The Fly app is incompatible to lots of devices, at least all running less than Android 6.0. But even my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 and my Google Nexus 6 are not supported, although running Android 7.x. As far as I know, the Fly app only supports 64 bit devices, so that cannot be fixed by just a new compiler run.
And as the Epson system is quite outdated there is no real hope it will be ever supported by the Fly app. Your only hope can be for a third-party app such as Litchi, if DJI will release an updated SDK version with MM support which does not rely on 64 bits.

Tab S2 should work, but being it only has 3GB RAM installed, you'll need to manually install the APK. However if you don't have enough free RAM, that could cause issues.

Be sure that I have tried manual installation of the apk file downloaded from DJI, after the app was not offered on Play store. Installation fails.

Reactions: Flycaster
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61