DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Debating on which Fly more kit to get for the Mini 3

Jerry98veet

Reactions
So I am debating on which fly more kit to get. If I get the plus I would need to register the drone, now do I really want to do that? I do have an Air2 which is registered but do I really want the mini to be registered? I don’t really know the pros and cons of registering the drone and I know overseas can’t buy the plus so maybe get the plus anyway to at least have the bigger battery. Since I am in California (if that makes any difference) and nobody really knows the future of drones and laws, just wondering what you all think. Thanks

if you are just flying for hobby purposes ,and as you say you are already registered with your A2 there is no need to register again ,because its you that are registered not the drone ,and for hobby flying then you just put the same number on all your drones ,of course if you fly commercially then each drone has to have its own number

Bonjour
Mais vous passez en catégorie ouverte A3, c'est plus contraignant que A1 Moins de 250G.
A+patc45 de France!

Get the Plus version and pay the darn $5. LOL. Don't know why people balk at registering their drones unless they wear tin hats and think the FAA Stormtroopers are out to get them.

Iv'e been fling drones for 4 years and I have never been approached by a person authorized to check if I have a licence or registered my drone here in Canada. My two drone are above 250g and as I'm retired I am not just a weekend flyer. My drones are both registered in Canada and the USA.

I got the Plus version, as I will use it more in the US than elsewhere, and am already registered. When I am in Europe, I'll just fly with the one battery to remain compliant with their rules.

So I am waiting with Best Buy to receive the Mini 3. so that is what maybe August who knows. Went to DJI to order the plus fly more since everyone says get that, June 20th per the website but only a 14 day return policy. That means if something is not working with the fly more kit I won’t be able to test everything until I get the drone in hand.

So I am waiting with Best Buy to receive the Mini 3. so that is what maybe August who knows. Went to DJI to order the plus fly more since everyone says get that, June 20th per the website but only a 14 day return policy. That means if something is not working with the fly more kit I won’t be able to test everything until I get the drone in hand.
Why not wait for Best Buy to get the FMC+ too then?

I was thinking about the looming regs heading our way, so I ordered smaller battery kit at first. Then a week goes by and decide to get the plus battery kit as well, so I'll be set with batteries and props for a while. With a 2nd charging bay, I'll be able to charge all the batteries at once. Should get the 1st FMK on the 11th, and the FMK+ mid July.