Welcome Mavic Pilot!
Jump in and join our free DJI Mavic community today!

Decisions, decisions: Trying to choose filters for my Mavic Pro

PumpinIron

Reaction score
Given the choice between the PolarPro, Freewell, and Sandmarc filters for the Mavic Pro, is there a clear winner between them, or am I just splitting hairs and are they all pretty much equal?

Bunny Too

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Given the choice between the PolarPro, Freewell, and Sandmarc filters for the Mavic Pro, is there a clear winner between them, or am I just splitting hairs and are they all pretty much equal?
I like the PolarPro's they work very well. I do not have any experience with the other two brands.
Good Luck.

Reactions: PumpinIron

PandaCheese

Reaction score
Have you thought about whether you really need filters? If so then try to look at videos of how the filters stay on. Something with a ring of felt is not gonna be very good.

Underdog1964

Reaction score
I just picked up the PGYTECH 4 pack from B&H. 4,8,16 and 32.
Haven't used them yet but they are ND's with a polarizer on them as well.
Pretty amazing they can build them that small!

Pingman68

Reaction score
I’ve been extremely happy with PolarPro, in fact I’m looking at getting their new Iris system for the iPhone.

Storyline

Reaction score
Have you thought about whether you really need filters? If so then try to look at videos of how the filters stay on. Something with a ring of felt is not gonna be very good.
I presume from the above that some filters use felt but not all as my Polar Pro ones are just made to fit precisely. They have a kind of ridged finish on the inside which seems to grab the camera firmly. I have not tried the other makes the o/p mentions but can confirm that Polar Pro are easy to install and remove - much easier than the instructions imply. The company themselves have also given me excellent customer service.

One point to mention to the o/p is that I use the 'stronger' filters most. Originally I got a set of three going up to NDPL16 but quickly realised I needed a NDPL32. In fact that is the one I end up using most and shooting at 30fps and 1/60 shutter speed sometimes the clouds can be blown out if it is a very bright day and especially if shooting over water,

wbrownj

Reaction score
I have not bought any filters yet so this is an interesting topic for me.
So if Newer filters are $20 delivered and polar pro are closer to $100, what are you in fact paying for with the PP’s?

J

mrwagdog

Reaction score
There are YouTube vids comparing the neweer filters to other brands. I can't see a difference.

Rockisy

Reaction score
I have the Neweers, and at first I was hesitant to buy them because people said they didn’t pass gimbal calibration. Well they are wrong. The neweers work great. Do you really want to spend $100 and up when you can pay 20?

mrwagdog

Reaction score
Fwiw, the neweer filters I bought have never interfered with the gimbal calibration. I believe older ones did, but I only read that online.

The only issue I had with them was the inner felt gasket/ring got bunched up on one of them. It was an easy fix.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dantheman122959