DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Decisions decisions ????

Lauee

Reactions
Helpppppp please. I have the air 2 and I’d really like the air 2s but do I really need the air 2s when the air 2 is such a fantastic drone.
I can get the 2s and sell the air 2 so I’d only have to fork out a bit for the 2s but then the little angel on my shoulder is saying do I really need to spend out extra. I really cannot make my mind up so I am leaving the decision in YOUR hands folks. Whatever decision gets the most votes in the next 7 days I will abide by. Thanks all ☺️

I think that if one is a still photographer, the 1" sensor is a substantial enhancement.

One consideration is that the Air2s with the upgraded camera and shooting modes will required a powerful computer when it comes to editing in post. I think that is something that folks should consider when contemplating the upgrade. When I got my Mavic 2 Pro I had to add a bunch of ram to a new and pretty fast computer, upgrade my C drive and add additional drives for storage.

Reactions: Dbez1 and Lauee
Helpppppp please. I have the air 2 and I’d really like the air 2s but do I really need the air 2s when the air 2 is such a fantastic drone.
I can get the 2s and sell the air 2 so I’d only have to fork out a bit for the 2s but then the little angel on my shoulder is saying do I really need to spend out extra. I really cannot make my mind up so I am leaving the decision in YOUR hands folks. Whatever decision gets the most votes in the next 7 days I will abide by. Thanks all ☺️
A couple of comments...
1) You need it!
2) It’s only money.
3) Life is short.
4) You can’t take it with you.
5) Live for today.

One consideration is that the Air2s with the upgraded camera and shooting modes will required a powerful computer when it comes to editing in post. I think that is something that folks should consider when contemplating the upgrade. When I got my Mavic 2 Pro I had to add a bunch of ram to a new and pretty fast computer, upgrade my C drive and add additional drives for storage.
I’m actually just about to start my first proper home office which will have the all singing PC requirements one would ever need, thanks for the heads up

Things to consider:

1. RID - will you need a drone with internal RID or will you be OK with a strap on device?

2. Flight over people - will you want to conduct flight ops over people? If yes, you are going to need to get a Cat. 1 or 2 drone - when they come out. I suspect that these will start appearing in the next year or so.

3. If you drop the coin on a new MA2 now, will you want to revisit that decision a year or two in light of 1 and 2 above?

Only you can decide for you. Personally, I am waiting for the Cat. 2 drones with good cameras to come out before I upgrade.

Well this is the pickle I’m in. Is the air 2s going to be pretty much useless in a couple of years, if so I may as well keep the air 2. I’m a hobbyist only so i will not be doing any commercial work

You know ... next year something even better will be launched & the MA2s will be totally useless ;)?
Yeah I know. Is this “s” thing just a cynical ploy by DJI just to sell more drones. Reminds me of Apple and their annual “s” roll out just to sell more units ?

I follow the Flip Wilson philosophy when explaining a decision like this - “the devil made me do it”. It is a battle between your angel and your devil.

Reactions: Lauee
You said ".....when the air 2 is such a fantastic drone." I am all for not holding back but your words say that you are happy now. I have a real estate client that pulled up in a brand new Mercedes instead of his Porsche. He tells me that he is not really enjoying the black shiny Mercedes and wishes he had his Porsche back. He has the money and he dumped the Mercedes and got a Porsche. There is always something newer but you said the Air 2 is fantastic. You do not need us to decide for you since your words already did!!

Reactions: Dbez1 and Lauee
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Olga