DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Defiant Lives!!

Chaosrider

Reactions
My 3 Mini-2s are named Enterprise, Defiant, and Phoenix. Defiant was the one who engaged in mortal combat with the pine tree.

The tree guy, John, got here a couple of hours ago, and he was obviously a pro. He even looked like a tree guy, tall, strong, red beard. He had all the tree climbing gear that I've never seen in real life. "I'm a lumberjack..." came immediately to mind.

I had mis-underestimated the height. Defiant was at least 20 feet up. I never could have gotten him out of there. But John calmly and methodically threw a line up the tree, and used that to secure his rope, and he just climbed up, snatched Defiant in one hand, and descended with just one hand to give me Defiant back.

I've got video of the rescue, which I'll edit and post eventually.

I expected to have to do the DJI Refresh, and if I was lucky, just replace some of the props. John said it looked pretty good to him, and he was right. A quick inspection showed ZERO busted props. No discernible damage of any kind. John said he'd bet that if I put a new battery in it, it would fly just fine.

He was right!

Before launching, I checked to make sure the props were properly tightened. They were. None of them were even loose.

So, I went through my normal pre-flight, and hit the auto-launch. When Defiant whirrrrrred up, popped up 3 feet, and hovered as steady as you please, "Ode to Joy" started playing in my head. I did some basic movement checks, and all was well. The gimbal worked fine.

When I was satisfied that this miracle had actually happened, I punched the climb stick, and went over to climb the same pine tree. Albeit, from just a wee bit farther away. Then I climbed another one. Then another one. My normal routine is to fly until I get the low battery warning, and then come home immediately. This time, I ended a couple of minutes early.

Defiant has literally no damage that I can discern. There are just some scuff marks on top of the body, which I will never clean off.

Defiant's second took a minor hit, though. One of the 4 green strobes of the Arc, is now permanently on at a low setting. The other 3 work fine.

There's not the slightest doubt what *I'M* going to be thankful for tomorrow, and I've gotten a head start on that already.

DEFIANT LIVES!

:)

TCS

My 3 Mini-2s are named Enterprise, Defiant, and Phoenix. Defiant was the one who engaged in mortal combat with the pine tree.

The tree guy, John, got here a couple of hours ago, and he was obviously a pro. He even looked like a tree guy, tall, strong, red beard. He had all the tree climbing gear that I've never seen in real life. "I'm a lumberjack..." came immediately to mind.

I had mis-underestimated the height. Defiant was at least 20 feet up. I never could have gotten him out of there. But John calmly and methodically threw a line up the tree, and used that to secure his rope, and he just climbed up, snatched Defiant in one hand, and descended with just one hand to give me Defiant back.

I expected to have to do the DJI Refresh, and if I was lucky, just replace some of the props. John said it looked pretty good to him, and he was right. A quick inspection showed ZERO busted props. No discernible damage of any kind. John said he'd bet that if I put a new battery in it, it would fly just fine.

He was right!

Before launching, I checked to make sure the props were properly tightened. They were. None of them were even loose.

So, I went through my normal pre-flight, and hit the auto-launch. When Defiant whirrrrrred up, popped up 3 feet, and hovered as steady as you please, "Ode to Joy" started playing in my head. I did some basic movement checks, and all was well. The gimbal worked fine.

When I was satisfied that this miracle had actually happened, I punched the climb stick, and went over to climb the same pine tree. Albeit, from just a wee bit farther away. Then I climbed another one. Then another one. My normal routine is to fly until I get the low battery warning, and then come home immediately. This time, I ended a couple of minutes early.

Defiant has literally no damage that I can discern. There are just some scuff marks on top of the body, which I will never clean off.

Defiant's second took a minor hit, though. One of the 4 green strobes of the Arc, is now permanently on at a low setting. The other 3 work fine.

There's not the slightest doubt what *I'M* going to be thankful for tomorrow, and I've gotten a head start on that already.

DEFIANT LIVES!

TCS
Good to hear! I'd personally still change the props just to be safe. Happy flying!

That is fantastic news, If you decide to get a Mini 2 Wet suit I will add the other two for you for your near death experience gift . This way one can be Red: Blue and Black.

Looking forward to the Rescue Videos.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.

Reactions: Crouching Leopard
That is fantastic news, If you decide to get a Mini 2 Wet suit I will add the other two for you for your near death experience gift . This way one can be Red: Blue and Black.

Looking forward to the Rescue Videos.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.
Wow...a tempting offer. First, though, I have to decide if *I* want to fly in the rain! My inclination is not, but if it rains for any long period of time, that will probably change...

;-)

Our family is doing Thanksgiving on Friday this year, so I'll probably work on the videos today.

Thx!

TCS

He was right!

DEFIANT LIVES!

TCS
Kewl story...gr8 outcome...awaiting the rescue video.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803