DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Delay in live feed mavic air

droneloverair

Reactions
Hi,

Yesteday iv flown my air outside an open area just near my home and the live feed gets stuck and or its VERY delayed on the iphone from what the actual is doing up in the air.
Iv also tested it inside my home without running the props, just scooping around the living room and its very delayed.

Is it suppose to be like this? Is this the reason others crash their drone because the delay thinking the obstacle is far away but its actaully just passed a second ago, person will have very short reaction time to make input corrections?

Outside i was flying very close to myself. Controller suggested i was 50 meters from distance.

and altitude was 91. But 91 meters felt like and seemed like 50 meters also.
I was actually looking at the drone 99 percent of the time rather than the controller.

Strong interferences? Try to select another WiFi-band. I recomment the 5G-frequence.

It was already in 5.8 wifi.

so you guys dont have any delay at all in your live feeds?

Im just new to drones but i felt at home flying coz iv been playing too many PS4 for a long time.

So today i was on thesame spot and it was still delayed a bit and glitchy.
glitchy i meant it freezes and it goes smooth. Its only live feed and not the main recorded file.

also, my iphone battery at 65% died because it was a bit cold outside. And my battery service life is 72%.
Could the sevice life of my iphone have anything to do with the glitch?

Id also like to point out that even with the phone completely shat off, i could still control the drone. Mind, i was only 10 meters distance at 5 meters high.

its iphone 6s Plus at 128GB.

I had an iPhone 6 Plus (i.e. not an "s"), and experienced no significant lag. The only reason I upgraded it was to get a brighter screen, not for a faster phone. All I can suggest is make sure you are not running any other apps, restart the iPhone before flying, and ensure you have lots of free space.

Hi i fixed it.
I manually chose another channel and i instantly get smoother live feeds but still a bit delay. I think its normal.

Flew my very first real lenth flights today. It was pretty easy with the controls.

i did get a bit of an angle of the horizon by a very few degrees and wonder if it seems normal since it was a bit windy up there.

i fixed it in resolve by 1.800 correction.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vishal@12