DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Delayed M3 CINE Orders from DJI Website

RocketBrew

Reactions
For those who ordered a Mavic 3 CINE combo from the DJI website and the order is now stuck in the "Label Printed" status:

Has DJI billed your credit card yet?

For those who ordered a Mavic 3 CINE combo from the DJI website and the order is now stuck in the "Label Printed" status:

Why use a credit card? Doesn’t that mean you just pay more for it? I thought people bought these things cash…

Why use a credit card? Doesn’t that mean you just pay more for it? I thought people bought these things cash…
No, if you pay off the credit card each month you don't pay any additional charges or interest. It's a much better idea to use a credit card because at least in the UK (but I believe other places as well) you get much stronger legal protection than a debit card (the chargeback scheme gives nothing like that level of protection) and crucially the money doesn't come straight out your bank account so if there's an error with a payment or a fraudulent transaction it can just be put on hold and doesn't affect your bank account in the meantime.

A few years ago Dell made an error and billed me twice for a laptop and pretty much emptied the account and I had to wait a few days to get a refund from them. My Mum's credit card was skimmed and they took $11,000 out but the card issuer put it on hold and eventually removed it so she was never billed it.

There's less deals these days but I get a small amount of cashback for using the credit card so I actually pay slightly less for items. So between that, the legal protection and the separation from my bank account I use my credit card for everything but pay it off in full every month.

Just to add to what what John said above which also applies in North America, and in addition to a high level of consumer protection, any credit card worth having also gives you some kind or reward, usually in the form of cash back or points you can apply to travel, just as one example. On top of this, even the most basic cards usually offer things like rental car insurance, price increase protection, etc.

Generally speaking, the only time you might not want to use a credit card is if the merchant was offering a discount equal to their credit card fee (usually 2-3%) on a high value item. Then you would have to decide if the discount is worth losing all the benefits your pariticular credit card gives you. Aside from that, there is literally no disadvantage to using a credit card for every possible purchase regardless of dollar amount. It's essentially a ~40 day interest free loan with zero risk to the purchaser and a host of other benefits depending on exactly what card you have.

The credit card I use gives me 2% cash back on every purchase, plus a ton of benefits related to insurance and travel. They also bailed me out of a very difficult $13,000 USD fraud incident with minimal effort on my part.

To say something different from what others have said above, atleast half of the people who will buy this drone will be people who cannot afford it. Many people will charge their credit cards and pay interest. There are companies like Affirm and PayPal who give almost every Tom, **** and Harry credit. So many people with these credits use it to buy the DJI drone with interest rates of 20% to 30%. Those people are most often not members on such forums though.

But yes, so many of DJI's customers take a loan to buy this drone and the other cheaper ones. It is just how things work in North America, lol. They sucker a lot of people to have what they cannot afford upfront so you can pay over time with interest.

I like it though, if not I would not be able to drive a brand new car any time I go to buy a car. I have never paid for a car cash, so I cannot complain. But I will never finance drone. Pay for it without owing a dime on credit.

BestBuy has had no interest for 24 months. Better than credit or cash at the moment !!

Reactions: waternut13134
BestBuy has had no interest for 24 months. Better than credit or cash at the moment !!

And the rewards $$, if you are in the program, are basically free money back.

Reactions: zeusfl

How do you buy with CASH from a website? Am I missing something?

Reactions: Smooth Rhythm
Debit Card = Cash

How do you buy with CASH from a website? Am I missing something?
Not literal cash but with a debit card. Just not using credit.

Reactions: Smooth Rhythm

Ordered on launch day (05/11) from DJI using company Debit card so money taken from account same day. Original delivery date was 18/11 but that moved to 19/11 within a couple of days.

Received an apology on Sunday (14/11) saying shipment delayed with an additional £10 added to our DJI Credit account by way of apology. No clarity on a new delivery date.

It seems like the original Mavic Pro launch all over again!

Not literal cash but with a debit card. Just not using credit.
Never, ever, use a debit card instead of a credit card. You have absolutely no recourse with a debit card. Pay off the credit card, interest free, with the same account that the debit card is accessing when you get the bill. Same result. Full credit card protections. If you use a debit card, when there is a dispute, you do not have access to your funds. When there is a credit card dispute, you don't have to pay the bill, and no interest accrues. Q.E.D.

Reactions: BSauce955

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salvator419