DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Delete/disable logging

• Thread starter Deleted member 126802
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 126802

When I connect my MA2 to my PC and start DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic, I see tons of big logs. See screenshot.
Are these stored inside the MA2? How can I delete these?
What for are these logs anyway?

Attachments

• sc.PNG
    sc.PNG
    46.8 KB · Views: 42
When I connect my MA2 to my PC and start DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic, I see tons of big logs. See screenshot.
Are these stored inside the MA2? How can I delete these?
What for are these logs anyway?
Those are probably the AC DAT logs & will be replaced rolling when memory is full ... no need to try deleting them manually. The AC logs isn't readable by others then staff from DJI. Readup more around flight logs here if you are interested --> Mavic Flight Log Retrieval and Analysis Guide , copied what's said about the AC DAT logs below ...

Aircraft DAT files

These contain the most comprehensive data, logged at the highest rates. A DAT file is started at aircraft power up and continued until power down, and includes numerous boot sequence, sensor calibration and diagnostic data in the flight event stream. There are also hundreds of data fields, many of which are flags or diagnostic computations of unknown types, probably understood only by DJI. However, among these are the raw and processed sensor data and the IMU solution for aircraft attitude, position, velocity and heading, together with battery and motor data, recorded at rates varying from 5 Hz to 200 Hz. These data are very valuable for diagnosing flight control problems. The files exist independent of the mobile device control app being used.

Unfortunately, on recent DJI models (Mavic Air, Mavic 2, Mavic Mini and Mavic Air 2) the decryption keys are hidden, and so those are not readable except by DJI.

How can I turn this continuous CPU and flash storage extensive logging off?

Last edited by a moderator:
How can I turn this continuous CPU and flash storage extensive logging off?
You can't.
If you ever have to make a warranty claim, you might appreciate DJI's "black box data recorder" to show what actually happened in a flight incident.

Adding to @Meta4 response, the files you see in the DJI Assistant are stored in MA2's internal system storage area. Only the aircraft and the DJI Assistant has access to this system memory. This section is totally separate from the 8 GB of onboard storage you can use for photos and videos. So basically, don't worry be happy taking great photos and videos.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AVI Drones