DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Deleting cache from controller

Levoqd

Reactions
When I delete the cache from controller does that affect the saved videos that I had taken before within the dji4go app?

Or does that relate to the cache within the drone and as card itself?

The 'cache' is the video that is recorded on your device (phone or tablet). This occurs when you have "Cache Video While Shooting" turned on in the DJIGo app. If you disable "Cache video During Shooting", then no video will be stored on your phone/tablet and you will have no cache.

When working with the cache you can set a maximum video cache capacity in Gigabytes. This limits the amount of video recorded on your tablet/phone so you don't fill up all the memory with video.

The cache can also be cleared automatically. (Older videos over your maximum limit will be erased). Choosing Clear Video Cache will erase all the video on your phone/tablet. The video recorded on the drone's SD card will always remain.

Reactions: Rich55
Thanks. I did end up deleting my videos from the controller, which was totally not my intention. So I know.. how can I delete the video from the mavic memory and not the DJI 4go ? Is it just by connecting the drone and deleting it from the folder?

Yes.. When the Mavic is on and plugged in to a computer you should be able to get the DCIM image folder and then delete what you want. If you want to delete everything from the Mavic, just format the card. You can do that from DJI Go without having to connect to a computer.

I'm assuming then you're using the built-in 8GB storage and not an SD card. 8GB isn't much even in 1080p. I recommend getting an SD card or two which you can remove and use a card reader to view/copy the files on your PC. Much faster and convenient that way. No running down the AC batteries just to do a file transfer.

To clarify, the cache video is not stored on the controller but rather the Android/iOS device you connect to the controller and running the app.

If I deleted the cache and removed the video from dji4 go app (by mistake) but the video clips are still on the SD card.. is there anyway in getting those video clips back on the Dji4 go app to edit videos?

I noticed I can get those videos that I saved to my phone via local.. so another question would be does it matter if I leave the videos in dji4app or better to download to phone and delete cache?

Not sure what you mean.. The saved videos ARE on your phone because the DJI Go app is on your phone. (As DenMan32 pointed out in his post above. The controller.. the thing with antennas and joysticks.. has no ability to store video).

What are you doing when you 'download' to your phone? Do you mean you're transferring the videos from the DJI Go app to your Photo Library app? Either way, they're on your phone using up memory. If you don't delete them, evenually they'll fill up all your phone's memory and forget about videos... You won't be able to save anything on it.

Last edited:
I wasn’t sure if it was saving in both places.. dji4go app and my phone after I download (which would take up more space) ..

When I deleted the cache it removed it from the app but videos were still on my phone. So I was asking if I should delete the videos from the app since they are also on the phone.

I'm pretty sure the images imported by the app (I assume that's what you mean) are stored separatly from the cache images generated by the app during flight.

Reactions: ff22
Not sure what you mean.. The saved videos ARE on your phone because the DJI Go app is on your phone. (As DenMan32 pointed out in his post above. The controller.. the thing with antennas and joysticks.. has no ability to store video).

What are you doing when you 'download' to your phone? Do you mean you're transferring the videos from the DJI Go app to your Photo Library app? Either way, they're on your phone using up memory. If you don't delete them, evenually they'll fill up all your phone's memory and forget about videos... You won't be able to save anything on it.
Thanks for explaining that to the OP!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Inky