DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

describe the ideal drone

iamcostas

Reactions
An ideal drone has the size of Mavic air 2, sensors in every direction,8k camera with microphone, battery that last for two hours, dead silent, has a basket for a beer, speaks like Cortana, takes amazing videos by itself and comes home when it gets bored.

Reactions: NAVMAV and TTP
An ideal drone has the size of Mavic air 2, sensors in every direction,8k camera with microphone, battery that last for two hours, dead silent, has a basket for a beer, speaks like Cortana, takes amazing videos by itself and comes home when it gets bored.
You win the internet for the year. Let me add that it should be able to divebomb Karens and Kens for calling the cops when we're not breaking any laws and crop-dust them with canisters of fart/skunk spray.

Last edited:
It should also have its own traveling geofence that commercial and private aircraft have to go around. Pilots don’t have to do anything, the aircraft will either auto climb higher or reroute around as it approaches the drone’s geofence ?

After reading some of the crash and flyaway reports here and other forums I reckon some people think they have most of those qualities in their drones!
ie unlimited range/height, can fly in gales, storms, stay in the air after battery runs out etc etc..........

Reactions: iamcostas
My ideal drone would be to first go to the moon and shoot "Earth rise". Then, after getting other views of Earth from above - and a few of Mars, Venus, Saturn and their moons - to head off into the Milky Way, looking for planets with more advanced lifeforms than us.

My ideal drone would be to first go to the moon and shoot "Earth rise". Then, after getting other views of Earth from above - and a few of Mars, Venus, Saturn and their moons - to head off into the Milky Way, looking for planets with more advanced lifeforms than us.
The “Mars Droner” right?

I will like to be a passenger of this drone ?

Reactions: TnDronePilot
Be careful what you wish for.........that may be arranged soon!
But seeing as you are from Queensland, you probably can't even leave your state because of Covid 19! Stay safe cobber!
I am fascinated by all these documentaries about humans moving to other planets in other galaxies. Personally I don't believe it will happen ever, but I just like imagining it. There is great possibility to be hit by a killer asteroid ,or this planet to become unlivable soon or later.

I am fascinated by all these documentaries about humans moving to other planets in other galaxies. Personally I don't believe it will happen ever, but I just like imagining it. There is great possibility to be hit by a killer asteroid ,or this planet to become unlivable soon or later.
If you do the maths, the chances of an advanced extraterrestrial intelligence (or plural) having already "colonised" a lot of the Milky Way galaxy are reasonable. Of course, there are certain variables in such an equation - one being the frequency of life arising on exoplanets and then evolving to an intelligent stage - that we do not know at this point. And any ETI certainly wouldn't say "Hello" to us anytime soon because we're still undoubtedly primitive or barbaric on the psychological or behaviour level, even with our DJI technology.

SpaceX are extremely serious about colonising Mars - and they'll soon nail the landing part for Starship, just as they have for Falcon 9. When Mars happens, going beyond our own solar system, or even galaxy - isn't that far off. Furthermore, our current technological level is likely to be still basic, so future advancements will increase all possibilities and achievements exponentially.

The problem might be our primitive or backward level of current evolution. We might need a "visa" to go beyond our own solar system - a "visa" that is only granted if we stop being idiots, bitching and moaning, raping and murdering, trashing our own planet, etc etc.

But a drone might be permitted... :rolleyes:

If you do the maths, the chances of an advanced extraterrestrial intelligence (or plural) having already "colonised" a lot of the Milky Way galaxy are reasonable. Of course, there are certain variables in such an equation - one being the frequency of life arising on exoplanets and then evolving to an intelligent stage - that we do not know at this point. And any ETI certainly wouldn't say "Hello" to us anytime soon because we're still undoubtedly primitive or barbaric on the psychological or behaviour level, even with our DJI technology.

SpaceX are extremely serious about colonising Mars - and they'll soon nail the landing part for Starship, just as they have for Falcon 9. When Mars happens, going beyond our own solar system, or even galaxy - isn't that far off. Furthermore, our current technological level is likely to be still basic, so future advancements will increase all possibilities and achievements exponentially.

The problem might be our primitive or backward level of current evolution. We might need a "visa" to go beyond our own solar system - a "visa" that is only granted if we stop being idiots, bitching and moaning, raping and murdering, trashing our own planet, etc etc.

But a drone might be permitted... :rolleyes:
Thank you. I like very much your post.

I'd be satisfied with 45 min. flight time, 4K-60 5:1 zoom lens, centimeter-accurate GPS, and a Follow-Me mode like a Skydio on steroids.

Reactions: pelagic_one
Something compact, autonomous, but tough as a racing drone with a better camera and a higher zoom. It should use a standard RC aircraft transmitter and standard RC batteries.

Reactions: Hauptmann
Something quieter, that doesn't say to every paranoid person in the area that I'm there because I want to spy on their incredibly dull lives. I would rather look at the beauty of nature rather than their balding head........no offence to anyone who is follically challenged

The “Mars Droner” right?

On 18 February 2021, NASA's Mars rover Perseverance will land on the planet.

Attached to the rover is the drone Ingenuity that may fly a couple of times within thirty days of landing.

Drones are cool and out of this world. ?

Thanks for the reminder.

I think that the Mavic 2's are really good and have great cameras. Hard to improve on that machine but for the next generation, I would wish for ICAO Standard position lights and built in Strobes that were somewhat smaller than a shoebox.

Reactions: Hauptmann
The ideal drone would free so that when (if) you lose it or crash it you could get another one for nothing forever. I really should wake from this dream.....................

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrock