DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Device do you use to fly mavic pro

It varies with the mission but both iPad Mini and big iPad Pro. Very occasionally with iPhone 8 but don’t really like small screen

I have a note 8. Have been to using it for a couple weeks now. Took delivery of an iPad mini 4 today along with the new lifthor v3 mount. Going to hook it all up tomorrow and see how it goes

I first try a android device and had still have not gotten it to work then i went with
the ipad mini 4 and have not had any problems. I'm using it on a spark, Mavic, and Phantom 4 pro.

I changed carriers a couple of months ago and got a new phone. After that, I had a note 4 that was no longer being used. I uninstalled all of the apps I could. I've been using this note 4 to fly both my Spark and my Mavic Pro. It sometimes shows a little bit of lag when flying the Spark and connecting thru wifi with the Spark controller, but no serious problems. When flying the Mavic with a wired connection to the controller, I've had no issues at all. Again, this is a dedicated device just for flying my drones and I did root this phone, over a year ago, so I don't know if that has any bearing on its reliability for flying. When I first got my drones, because of all of the comments I read on forums, I was shopping for an ipad mini 4 but I figured if I already had a spare note 4 I'd give it a try. It's been 2 1/2 months, so far, and it's working well, for me. I just joined this forum, today, and hope this info about my experience is useful to someone.

What device do you use to fly mavic pro? I've been using a note 4 to fly my mavic, but my note 4 hasn't been working well with the the app. I'm look to buy a android device or ios. Any recommendations?[/
QUOTE]

I am using an iPad mini 4 and it is brilliant - its 7.9" screen will (just) fit into the controller jaws, but I fly with it in a mount for better balance

i use a gen. 2 nexus 7 dedicated solely to the MP - stays in the kit, stays in airplane mode - always connects - never had an issue.

Reactions: Memphis_Mavic
What device do you use to fly mavic pro? I've been using a note 4 to fly my mavic, but my note 4 hasn't been working well with the the app. I'm look to buy a android device or ios. Any recommendations?
I have Been using apple Mini 4, works great. Tried Samsung, to many problems, Tried Android, again to many problems. If you check wording, DJI says Mavic Pro is optimized to work best with latest apple products.

I use a Samsung Galaxy S8 plus...no issues

What device do you use to fly mavic pro? I've been using a note 4 to fly my mavic, but my note 4 hasn't been working well with the the app. I'm look to buy a android device or ios. Any recommendations?

CS 5.5 .... works and fits perfectly. ..

Studio_20180125_001026.png

I was using an iPhone 6+ but I had an IPad mini 3 lying around so I use that all the time now.

Ipad mini 4 because it appear MP was designed to use it. It clips securely and in a sec to the transmitter and works flawlessly. It also pack very well in the carry on.

I use a Samsung Galaxy S5 and have had zero problems with it. I removed all unnecessary apps along with the sim card. I'm using the phone's USB 3.0 micro-B connector cable to connect to the USB-A female connector on the RC controller.

I have tried quite a,few andriod devices and nothing but lag issues and crashes.... I just purchased the ipad air 2 and I must say the experience is so much better. This is my setup.... I love it
20180123_193642.jpg

Reactions: TerKelDing

Ipad Pro 9.7 on a tripod connected to the remote by at USB cord. Works great, all of my gear fits in a small camera backpack. I feel much more confident flying with this than with an iPhone in the remote arms.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121