DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Device name in Flight Record

Simk1n

Reactions
I have changed my Mavic 2 device name inside the GO 4 app, but in Flight Record/Logs its does not have that name. I think its a name i choose when register the drone, i dont remember.

How do i change the device name in Flight Records?

after you changed the name in the GO4 did you hit save? also try to sync the flight records. all my names for different drones show properly

I hit save, deleted the old logs, but when i sync the same logs and device name's comes back again.

You cannot change the name in old flight logs since the name is stored in the flight log file.

You cannot change the name in old flight logs since the name is stored in the flight log file.

So if i change my device name, can i delete the logs on the old name? Because i deleted the logs but they came back when i syncronized. (Clear locally cached record)

However, im pretty sure last time i had a flight i had already changed my device name, but its not in the flight logs.

So if i change my device name, can i delete the logs on the old name? Because i deleted the logs but they came back when i syncronized. (Clear locally cached record)

However, im pretty sure last time i had a flight i had already changed my device name, but its not in the flight logs.
do you solely use one device? or do you have a few? you might have to remove and sync each one. like if you delete and sync on phone. but the tablet is untouched it might be pulling the old stuff from the tablet

do you solely use one device? or do you have a few? you might have to remove and sync each one. like if you delete and sync on phone. but the tablet is untouched it might be pulling the old stuff from the tablet

I use two android phones.. I can try deleting the logs on the other phone also.

So if i change my device name, can i delete the logs on the old name?
No. You can delete the logs though. In DJI GO, swipe the log file to the left and click the red delete icon.

I started up both my drones (Spark+Zoom) inside, both got a new flight record for a few seconds on the logs, and the device name is now changed! The old name is gone, and its only two flight logs now with new name and the old log is still there.

So its possible to change the device name and keep the logs :)

Last edited:
Hey Simk1n, can you help me out? I'm also trying to change my drone's name in my flight log. I know how to change the drone's name in the app but it isn't reflected in the flight log. FYI, I have multiple drones.
Thanks!

And nevermind my previous post. I pressed, "Clear Locally Cached Records" and rebooted everything. Name changed! But logs are gone...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
360Guy