DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DGI Goggles vs Epson Moverio BT-300

The Aces takes some work to get it installed correctly. The little foam pads are there to block all light leaks and provide some tension, and they are a little stiff at first. Once I finally got everything connected right, I used some vinyl tape to hold the two halves together in order to compress the foam pads. Then everything was good.

They make a big difference when flying in bright sun. I used the blackout shade, but I have ordered the sunshade as well. I like them a lot.

Quick question...how do you lock the screen to landscape or portrait on the BT-300? I have looked all through the settings and cant seem to find it.

I haven't looked for a setting because I haven't needed to yet. Mine are always in landscape mode. Not sure if it is the accelerometer in the controller or in the glasses that determines that. There is an app in the Moverio store called RotationLock, if you are having a problem with it.

I haven't looked for a setting because I haven't needed to yet. Mine are always in landscape mode. Not sure if it is the accelerometer in the controller or in the glasses that determines that. There is an app in the Moverio store called RotationLock, if you are having a problem with it.
I didn't even think of an app ..thanks....will give it a try...the app pureapk loads in landscape and is impossible to navigate.. needs to be in portrait mode to be able to navigate it with the touch pad.

There was an earlier comment about attaching the Moverio control box to the Mavic Controller. Here is what I did. I had some 1/4" Lexan scraps so I cut out a triangular shape, attached stick-on Velcro to both and wallah. It fits the hand nicely.

Hopefully I do not double up this post. My first one didn't show up in the thread.
There was an earlier comment about attaching the Moverio controller to the Mavic Controler. Here is what I did. I had some scrap 1/4" Lexan and I cut out a triangle that mates with the grippers on the Mavic controller, put-stick on Velcro on both and Wallah. It fits the hand nicely.

Attachments

• IMG_5305.JPG
    4.7 MB · Views: 70
I have both and will testing them together this coming week. Since the goggles sync directly while using my iPad (already tested) I don't see why the goggles and the moverio wouldn't also work simultaneously

Ordered mine this morning from Amazon for the same reason. I'm pretty confident that the BT-300's will fit my needs better than the DJI Goggles. I'll miss the immersion and the head tracking, but wont miss the bulk and the need for a spotter. As long as the image is clear in bright sunlight and I can toggle off the video (video mute), I'll be happy. I also have aging eyesight, and wear glasses, so fingers crossed. With the DJI Goggles, I had to buy some strong readers (which I don't need for anything else). The Avegant Glyph has diopter adjustments, which worked well. Hoping I can just wear my glasses with the BT-300, or get prescriptions for the inserts (worst case).

If you are handy with power tools (or know someone who is) you don't need to get an expensive prescription fitted into the Rochester frames. Just take your Moverio to the pharmacy, try on some cheap reading glasses with the Moverio until you find a pair that make the display clearest. Then at home just pop out the lenses and cut them to shape to fit the Rochester frames with a Dremel tool or similar (those cheap reading glasses are plastic, not glass). I stuck painters tape on the lenses and traced the correct shape through the frames to guide the cutting. In my case I had to buy two pairs and use one lens from each because I have a different prescription for each eye due to a cataract surgery in one eye)

BTW: When I later got my Goggles I thought I'd be able to just make and fit a mount between the Goggle lenses to take my customized Rochester frames, but the Goggles require a stronger corrective lens than the Moverio so I'll be building a custom insert from two more cheap pairs of reading glasses. I first planned to just swap out the right lenses from the two readers and wear them with the Goggle but I find the glasses distort the rubber trim and let light in (despite the cutaway in the rubber, meant for glasses)

Last edited:
Anyone know if you can run a standard USB video feed into these Moverios and display in the glasses? I like the augmented reality nature of these, as opposed to the video-only nature of DJI Goggles. I would enjoy these for playing with my DJI drones, but what I'd really like is for use with my DIY drones that I use for video capture. Right now I use a standard analog FPV receiver module that feeds the video into the micro-USB port on my Android tablet for viewing. Anyone tested this or heard of someone doing this?

Anyone know if you can run a standard USB video feed into these Moverios and display in the glasses? I like the augmented reality nature of these, as opposed to the video-only nature of DJI Goggles. I would enjoy these for playing with my DJI drones, but what I'd really like is for use with my DIY drones that I use for video capture. Right now I use a standard analog FPV receiver module that feeds the video into the micro-USB port on my Android tablet for viewing. Anyone tested this or heard of someone doing this?
Yes I believe this will work. See this post by @Ender EPSON Moverio BT-300 Review
The Moverio controller is an Android device.

Reactions: Maxheadspace
Hopefully I do not double up this post. My first one didn't show up in the thread.
There was an earlier comment about attaching the Moverio controller to the Mavic Controler. Here is what I did. I had some scrap 1/4" Lexan and I cut out a triangle that mates with the grippers on the Mavic controller, put-stick on Velcro on both and Wallah. It fits the hand nicely.
I like that Lexan holder. If you would make me one, I'd trade you for a Rochester Optical Solitaire Ace 2.0 and polarized sun shield that I just got but am not planning to use.

I like that Lexan holder. If you would make me one, I'd trade you for a Rochester Optical Solitaire Ace 2.0 and polarized sun shield that I just got but am not planning to use.
Wow, that's a heck of a deal. If I didn't already have the Aces and sunshield, I would make a holder for you. You can get holders on Etsy, you know.

Wow, that's a heck of a deal. If I didn't already have the Aces and sunshield, I would make a holder for you. You can get holders on Etsy, you know.
I tried several of the holders on Etsy but never found one that I really liked.

So I'm currently using the aluminum plate that came with my MavMount (was originally using an iPad Pro as my display device) and I just slapped a Velcro strip on it and it works beautifully.

Ya, that's what I suspected. We're past the promo timeframe that included the extra shields. I've heard good things about them. If I keep the BT300, I plan to order it directly: BT-300 Sun Shield » Rochester Optical

I didn't even realize there was a promo. I guess I was just lucky to order while it was on, as I got the Rochester shades bundled with mine. I use them almost exclusively, to the point that I leave them attached to the BT-300 more for less permanently.

I tried several of the holders on Etsy but never found one that I really liked.

So I'm currently using the aluminum plate that came with my MavMount (was originally using an iPad Pro as my display device) and I just slapped a Velcro strip on it and it works beautifully.
I have one of the Etsy holders that I like and another articulated one on the way. I just thought it odd that he was asking to trade $200 worth of Rochester gear for a piece of plexiglass, even though it is a very nice piece of plexiglass.

I wear progressive lenses on my regular glasses. Decided to forgo the Solitaire for bifocals. The bifocals will be more beneficial for being able to read my phone if I get a text, or anything else I may need to read without having to take the Moverio's off and putting my glasses on.

Bifocals (or varifocals) are probably not going to work in any head-mounted display. See my post explaining why here : Head Mounted Display (DJI Googles, BT-300, etc.) Vision Correction Issues

Last edited:
Well I have a cheaper solution.
So I have this iphone transparent case that I am not using anymore I just stick some velcro to back and some velcro to the control module.

I pass the cable through the camera opening.

That was of course super cheap and easy to transport.

IMG_8731.JPG
IMG_8732.JPG

Reactions: Turnerm
So I have this iphone transparent case that I am not using anymore I just stick some velcro to back and some velcro to the control module.

View attachment 17588
View attachment 17587
I like this. I'm doing something very similar. It's the simplest and best solution I've found.

Reactions: stratos

View attachment 17588
View attachment 17587
Does the trackpad work properly in landscape orientation?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3