DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DGI Goggles vs Epson Moverio BT-300

Does the trackpad work properly in landscape orientation?
It doesn't change the orientation when you rotate it sideways.

But I just mount my vertically with Velcro. It hangs off the mount a little bit but it's still very securely held in place!

Just how much better is the picture with these compared to a 2.7k smartphone and the best
set of aftermarket "cardboard" goggles?
Is the picture similar? more pixelated or no pixels.
Im used to my G5 doing the Litchi processing without any sort of lag. Is the Computer
that powers them sufficient?

I just feel it's weird they don't plug into, Link with your smartphone,
harness all that processing power you already have, and just have an app.
Or am i missing their potential.

I really only want a Litchi like experience in a smaller package.

Just how much better is the picture with these compared to a 2.7k smartphone and the best
Im used to my G5 doing the Litchi processing without any sort of lag. Is the Computer

It's better that its not bogging down your phones CPU with more info. Also its good to have a second transceiver attached to the craft.

Rob

The only 'VR' hardware I have to compare DJI Goggles against is a Google Daydream headset with my Google Pixel XL (display resolution in landscape mode : 2560 x 1440 pixels). I haven't used the Daydream for drone FPV. But based on the best VR app I've seen in the Daydream and what I see when using the DJI Goggles for FPV there is no comparison : The Goggles provide a viewing experience that is far better than the Daydream with Pixel XL. Don't forget phone-based VR splits the screen in two so halving the available resolution per eye. The Googles has a separate 1920x1080 display per eye!

The Moverios are quite small and you look cool wearing them. They are ideal for viewing the GO4 app in bright sunny conditions, you can do FPV while maintaining LOS, you don't need any extra device, they have their own front-facing camera for recording video. What more could you want. Oh and you can watch movies and TV on them.

They are expensive but IMO worth every penny.

Recommend the Epson Moverio BT300 with the solitaire ace enclosure extra (Need to buy online from Rochester Optical), you can see the drone with the DJIGO4 app on the screen. Without the enclosure, the light came in from top, the App may not see as clear.. unless wear a cap to block the sunlight..

Not that many app that come with the BT300, although it run on Antroid 4.0, but it does not support google play...

If compare DJI google, I will say BT300 will be the better choice.

I really like the BT300s...but it is also the only thing I have flown with.

Has anybody come up with a way to mirror the video so others can see what I see through the glasses. I do S&R and it would be very helpful. Chris

I have both DJI Goggles RE and Moverio BT-300 glasses. I am nearsighted. I have never yet been able to get clear vision with the BT-300 even when I bought the $200 Rochester optical inserts. I get double vision on the sides. No inter-pupil adjustability with the BT-300’s. My DJI Goggles are very clear, but the Moverio glasses have a different use, in that you can see your drone while watching the video stream. A bit like comparing apples and oranges.

I have both DJI Goggles RE and Moverio BT-300 glasses. I am nearsighted. I have never yet been able to get clear vision with the BT-300 even when I bought the $200 Rochester optical inserts. I get double vision on the sides. No inter-pupil adjustability with the BT-300’s. My DJI Goggles are very clear, but the Moverio glasses have a different use, in that you can see your drone while watching the video stream. A bit like comparing apples and oranges.
I do have the same problems.. that get double vision some times, however,it help by adding the enclosure called the solitaire Ace which block the direct light from behind.. It make the screen clearer... This can be purchased online from Rochester optical..

Reactions: Maxheadspace
I got the double vision on the ones I had a little but not to bad, the deal breaker for me was the under powered android device.

By the way, do you guys find the BT300FPV controller easy get hot... as the system shutdown automatically when I was in mid flight...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78