DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Did Mavic 2 Zoom finally addresses the Mavic Pro (1) issues?

swoermck

Reactions
Hi,

I am currently looking at Mavic 2 Zoom test footage on YT to figure out how much/if the video quality has improved in comparison to the first Mavic Pro.

Looking at the issues I figured out with my Mavic Pro (1), maybe some of you Mavic 2 zoom owners can comment if those were addressed?

In particular, on the first Mavic Pro I saw issues with

1) aliasing/moire: straight lines flickering

2) patterns on roof tiles: sometimes green/red patterns, even on still images (especially on sunny days on roof of houses - not noticeable when shooting video/pictures in nature)

3) one of the most annoying issue I had: filmed myself on a dusty road in my Jeep, and the dust clouds behind the Jeep while driving were more or less stuttering - I learned from this forum that this is a limitation of the h.264 compression of the Mavic Pro that only updates the picture every eight frames:

Cloud shadows only moving every 8 frames

Now the catch: I recently saw a Mavic 2 Zoom footage on YT, and exactly this issue was present as well: look at this clip at 0:32 at the dust over the waterfalls:

4) sometimes (not always) flickering when flying over areas of green grass fields (not bothering me too much, as you really have to "concentrate" on the spot to realize it)

5) not crystal sharp footage when watching on a 4K Monitor in actual resolution (only a "nice to have" for me, as most of the time I watch my footage on my MacBook 12" or MacBook Pro 13", and there I have perfect sharp footage)

6) "water color" effect in Sharpness settings 0 and below

Overall I still love my Mavic Pro, but looking for a second drone for my "hangar". I can deal with the current limitation of Mavic Pro 1, but if I go for a second bird, would like to have some of those issues above solved.

In particular when I saw this Mavic 2 Zoom clip with issue no. 3) (stuttering dust) still present made me wonder, if any of the issues mentioned were addressed with the Mavic 2 Zoom?

Appreciate to get your honest opinion here :)

thanks,

Stefan

There is still moire on my Zoom - certain lighting or angles accentuates it. But frankly, unless someone has great talent uploading to Youtube, using it to judge is not really accurate.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1