DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Zoom Remote ID

AlienDrone

Reactions
Greetings Fellow Pilots! Since Hurricane Laura, I haven't been very active with these forums. Please excuse my questions that may seem clueless in regard to current topics and subject matter.

I just became aware of the Remote ID requirements that are on the way. I reviewed some of the past discussions on the subject but have not found the specific questions I have answered.

I have three DJI drones. The Mavic 2 Zoom, the Spark, and the Mini 2 SE. My primary concern for the requirement will be for the Mavic 2 Zoom, but I would also like to keep all three as useable drones. If I find that purchasing a module for the Mavic 2 is required, would that module also work on the other two drones? Also, would the purchase of a smart controller help in implementing these new requirements?

Oh boy, no clue as I have not been on this site in a long time either, perhaps I should have kept my head in the sand. . . (Following along) Thanks! (I Think. . . :cool: )

Reactions: sonof40
If I find that purchasing a module for the Mavic 2 is required, would that module also work on the other two drones?
As long as you're not flying under Part 107, you can use the same RID module and move it between drones as needed. You'll need to include the RID serial number of that module and list all drones being flown when registering with the FAA.

would the purchase of a smart controller help in implementing these new requirements?
No. You'll need an external RID module either way.

DJI is coming out with a RID update for the Mavic2Zoom on or before December 31, 2023 and the FAA has given the Mavic2s an exemption until then. This is my understanding.

Reactions: Path Finder
DJI is coming out with a RID update for the Mavic2Zoom on or before December 31, 2023 and the FAA has given the Mavic2s an exemption until then. This is my understanding.
Yes, your understanding is correct. That information can be found in the DJI forum here.

Reactions: Path Finder
IF you are flying recreationally and your drone is under 250g you do not require RID. Over 250g or flying under Part 107 requires you to have RID.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas