DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Did my drone crash?

Thanks guys
I must be missing something when i'm looking at logs.
i'm using DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com
and selecting a txt file to upload
when its done; i downloaded the csv, openned in excel ; searched for my full serial number and partial- didn't see it
I downloaded the verbose csv, openned in excel ; searched for my full serial number and partial- didn't see it
?
Redbird2020 has a fancy screen shot even.

Thanks guys
I must be missing something when i'm looking at logs.
i'm using DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com
and selecting a txt file to upload
when its done; i downloaded the csv, openned in excel ; searched for my full serial number and partial- didn't see it
I downloaded the verbose csv, openned in excel ; searched for my full serial number and partial- didn't see it
?
Redbird2020 has a fancy screen shot even.

The aircraft serial number is in the txt log field RECOVER.aircraftSnBytes.

So I had this drone out today ; and uploaded the txt files,
SN does match the txt files from before i sent it out ; so phew ; I was worried for nothing.
But like anything else i'm left to wonder why my flight logs from the spring were not present on the aircraft.
I have a screen shot of what filezilla now says is on my drone for DAT files. year 1979 and 1980 if you can't see the scren shot.

1566161524278.png1566161524278.png

So I had this drone out today ; and uploaded the txt files,
SN does match the txt files from before i sent it out ; so phew ; I was worried for nothing.
But like anything else i'm left to wonder why my flight logs from the spring were not present on the aircraft.
I have a screen shot of what filezilla now says is on my drone for DAT files. year 1979 and 1980 if you can't see the scren shot.

View attachment 79916View attachment 79916
Probably the reason that you're missing those older .DAT files is that they were overwritten when space was needed to write newer .DAT files. A .DAT is written every time the drone is powered up.

The drone OS probably uses an epoch based method to represent timeDates. A particular timeDate is represented as the number of millisecs since the epoch (in this case something like 12-31-1979 00:00:00). If the drone doesn't know the actual time it will use 0 secs (or close to 0 secs) since the epoch resulting in times close to the epoch.

Reactions: sar104
Probably the reason that you're missing those older .DAT files is that they were overwritten when space was needed to write newer .DAT files. A .DAT is written every time the drone is powered up.

The drone OS probably uses an epoch based method to represent timeDates. A particular timeDate is represented as the number of millisecs since the epoch (in this case something like 12-31-1979 00:00:00). If the drone doesn't know the actual time it will use 0 secs (or close to 0 secs) since the epoch resulting in times close to the epoch.

The .DAT files recorded on the drone are over written as new flights occur. Mine seems to hold about the last 10 flights (+/-). Its more about the size of the files (internal memory space) and not necessarily the number of flights

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000