DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Did some Customizing of my New Mini2

13_Dragons

Part 107
Reactions
I Put my Skin from DecalGirl on the Mini 2, added some Black Motor Caps, and some Blue Master Airscrew Props. What you all think? I think it turned out Great. The Skin from decalgirl looks great and was easier to put on than I thought it would be. Now this Mini 2 is My Mini 2. And yes I put props on the correct way...LOL
IMG_0032.jpgIMG_0030.jpgIMG_0033.jpg

@13_Dragons the skin is very nice ,but the motor covers ,not so nice ,why well firstly you have altered the moment arm relationship between the motors outer rotating shell ,and the bearings, supporting the shaft also, the extra weight that now needs to be rotated ,by the ESCs, and the fact that the quality of the material used to make the cap ,is a total unknown

Well I have seen many reviews of these motor Caps, that went into the Temps of the Motors with and without the motor caps and the Temps remained the same on or off, and it does prevent any dust, dirt, sand, etc. from getting in the Motors. I will try them and see what kind of results I get with them. they can be removed very easily.

I like it, but you have to consider that you might have stepped over the line. Your little drone does not own the sky… There are Alphas out there that might consider this a challenge to their supremacy, or looking for an easy meal, or maybe a mate to share a warm nest with…

You've seen this cartoon, "The Last Great Act of Defiance"?

defiance.png

Here is an article on the iHeart Web Site…

Or She might be looking for a Mate…

eagle.png

Last edited:
I like it, but you have to consider that you might have stepped over the line. Your little drone does not own the air… There are Alphas out there that might consider this a challenge to their supremacy, or looking for an easy meal, or maybe a mate to share a warm nest with…

You've seen this cartoon, "The Last Great Act of Defiance"?

View attachment 152899

Here is an article on the iHeart Web Site…

and She's might be looking for a Mate…

View attachment 152900
Can I ask what this has to do with motor caps?
With or without if a bird of prey decides to attack a drone. Nothing you can do about it except not fly in areas of nesting sites

With or without if a bird of prey decides to attack a drone. Nothing you can do about it except not fly in areas of nesting sites
I believe that might be a little humor mixed into the thread.....just guessing

Reactions: 13_Dragons
In addition to the above, the original blades should have been kept in their original pairings and not bundled together. They are almost certainly matched pairs for balance. It may be that you can sort them into pairs using the numbers and letters on the blades but ideally they should have been kept in their original pairings.
The light blue blades seem to have a fair bit of mould flash left of them which makes me think you ought to check the motors for vibration. From memory Mavic mini motor run at 12,000+rpm so any imbalance generates a fair vibrational force.
There are centripetal acceleration calculators on the web that allow you to see the accelerations involved an the numbers are quite large.

Last edited:

You are right, it has nothing to do with motor caps or props, but the emphasis of the photos were to show the new skin.

Much more has been written about skins and how to "Bird Proof" a drone from seagulls, crows, and much larger, far more aggressive birds of prey than has been written about motor caps… And I have seen many videos of various animals: cats, dogs, bears, lions, tigers, and yes, even birds who have attacked their own image being reflected back at them.

Some of our members have tried various methods to make their drones more aggressive looking with large eye balls painted on the top of their Drone…

I said I liked the skin but I saw a chance to add a bit of levity into a very serious subject. Whenever I fly my Mini 2, I always do a stop and "look see." I yaw 360 degrees because I have crows and seagulls in my area and I have had both hit my drone and if I see birds circling, I cut and run. You lose a prop at 100 feet and you'll lose your drone…

I even have a very aggressive Mockingbird in my area, and if you know anything about Mockingbirds, they are only a bit larger than a Robin, but smaller than a Blue Jay and my neighborhood Mockingbird has hit my Mini 2 several times and we have no nests nearby. S/He is just one very angry bird…

If you did not enjoy my humor then I am sorry that you wasted your time reading it and you will probably want to ignore any of my other posts as I try to make my musing interesting, informative, and funny.

funny.png

Much more has been written about skins and how to "Bird Proof" a drone from seagulls, crows, and much larger, far more aggressive birds of prey than has been written about motor caps… And I have seen many videos of various animals: cats, dogs, bears, lions, tigers, and yes, even birds who have attacked their own image being reflected back at them.
I must admit I do wonder if the image could provoke an attack? It might be an idea to check with DecalGirl whether she has had any feed back concerning that.

After those negative responses, I'll venture to say that 13 Dragons won't post anything for a while.
He just wanted to show off his art work...............jeeeeez!

Nah, Its all good. The Main thing is I like it and That is what matters. Everyone is entitled to thier Opinion. That is the whole Idea behind the forums.

Nah, Its all good. The Main thing is I like it and That is what matters. Everyone is entitled to thier Opinion. That is the whole Idea behind the forums.
Whoo, 13-Dragons, I do not think you received any negative responses, I think all the venom was directed towards me for having a little fun. I said I liked the skin and I still do. I was in the Air Force for over 30-years and this image of an eagle is engraved into my soul.

But as I wrote, a small little Mockingbird thought enough of him/herself to take on my Mini 2 and I hope you do not get discouraged about the hoopla your simple posting made.

I apologize for sharing a bit of humor at you expense.

Whoo, 13-Dragons, I do not think you received any negative responses, I think all the venom was directed towards me for having a little fun. I said I liked the skin and I still do. I was in the Air Force for over 30-years and this image of an eagle is engraved into my soul.

But as I wrote, a small little Mockingbird thought enough of him/herself to take on my Mini 2 and I hope you do not get discouraged about the hoopla your simple posting made.

I apologize for sharing a bit of humor at you expense.
Hey Not a problem I knew what you was doing. I saw the Humor. I Have always loved Eagles, I even have a Tat on my arm of a Bald Eagle. So this skin was a No Brainer for me. I think the Only negitive responses were for the Motor caps. But like I said I am trying them out to keep dirt, bugs, etc. out of the motors. So far I have enjoyed my time here on the forums, No one has got under my skin. LOL I am not a thin skinned person.
Heck I am even thinking about getting Premium membership to the forums. Just to help out with the cost of having the forums here on the net.

Reactions: YVRGUY
I Put my Skin from DecalGirl on the Mini 2, added some Black Motor Caps, and some Blue Master Airscrew Props. What you all think? I think it turned out Great. The Skin from decalgirl looks great and was easier to put on than I thought it would be. Now this Mini 2 is My Mini 2. And yes I put props on the correct way...LOL
View attachment 152892
I got my skins from Gadgetshieldz and it is 3M material so it is a little thick and sticks well! Check it out,

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jared69