DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Different aperture for video and stills?

dronic

Reactions
I apologize in advance if this topic has been covered elsewhere, I couldn’t find it. I have the M2P - blown away by the image quality and smooth but solid gimbal.
Is there a way to store the video aperture setting separately to the still photo aperture? I need to shoot video at f/10 or f/11, then if I need to change to wide open for a still then revert back to video mode the aperture remains wide open. Pretty sure there must be a way to overcome this?
Also, is there a quick way to shoot stills while in video mode (other than cancel video, click still button twice, then click video button twice to restart video)?
Thanks in advance.

No and no.
BTW if you're shooting 4K you're runing your video by shooting at F11. Shouldn't go much below 5.6 or quality starts to visibly degrade.

Reactions: Slim.slamma
Is there a way to store the video aperture setting separately to the still photo aperture?
No, you'll have to manually make the adjustments

Also, is there a quick way to shoot stills while in video mode (other than cancel video, click still button twice, then click video button twice to restart video)?
Not properly.
You can grab stills while shooting video but they are just the same as a screen grab you could make in your computer and have significantly less resolution that a real still and the shutter speed you use for video may not be optimum for good stills.
If you want good stills, they have to be shot as stills.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pilot1986