DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Discharging Mavic batteries.

WAXMAN

Reactions
Is there any thing that will discharge my Mavic batteries to 50% for storage? Other then running them in the Mavic. Thanks for any info. WAXMAN.

They will self-discharge to a safe level by themselves. Settings are in the app.
Thanks for the quick reply. Would you know what the safe level is? I'm going to be putting the mavic away for 2 months. I heard that a good % was 50% for storage. It should never go below 10%. What would you do?

Thanks for the quick reply. Would you know what the safe level is? I'm going to be putting the mavic away for 2 months. I heard that a good % was 50% for storage. It should never go below 10%. What would you do?
Personally, I would just remove that battery from the Mavic and store it somewhere cool and dry. It will start to discharge to below 65% by itself after 10 days, or set it for 1 or 3 days in the app to start the process faster. It's been said that pressing the button to check on the discharge process will start it all over again, so don't do that. They will be fine for a couple of months.

Attachments

• battery.jpg
    battery.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 76
Reactions: WAXMAN
Is there any thing that will discharge my Mavic batteries to 50% for storage?

Do you have that adaptor that allows the battery to be used as a power bank?

Personally, I would just remove that battery from the Mavic and store it somewhere cool and dry.

Do people use the LiPO safe bags? I bought a hard case with foam insert. The batteries don't fit if they are in the safe bags. I will probably just cut the foam to expand the space. The case fits three batteries but one battery needs to be on the drone.

Personally, I would just remove that battery from the Mavic and store it somewhere cool and dry. It will start to discharge to below 65% by itself after 10 days, or set it for 1 or 3 days in the app to start the process faster. It's been said that pressing the button to check on the discharge process will start it all over again, so don't do that. They will be fine for a couple of months.
Thanks for the help 53-63-6f-74-74.
Do you have that adaptor that allows the battery to be used as a power bank? Yes I do. ?

Do people use the LiPO safe bags? I bought a hard case with foam insert. The batteries don't fit if they are in the safe bags. I will probably just cut the foam to expand the space. The case fits three batteries but one battery needs to be on the drone.
I also have a case that will hold 3 batteries. and I also have the safety bags, after reading the info that 53-63-6f-74-74 submitted because of heat build up maybe I'll remove them and store them in the safety bags also.

I did read the manual, On Youtube I seen they used a light bulb to drain a battery. Must have been a different battery. I thought there was a better way to discharge a Mavic battery. I guess not. Thanks again for all help.

I did read the manual, On Youtube I seen they used a light bulb to drain a battery. Must have been a different battery. I thought there was a better way to discharge a Mavic battery. I guess not.
The easiest way is to let the battery auto discharge on its own. If you must discharge it for some reason, one option is to use the DJI Battery Power Bank Adapter. It allows you to discharge Mavic batteries by charging another mobile device.

Last edited:
Yes the ten day is not arbitrarily guessed considering longevity 200hot else 300cold recharge cycles.
Best practice is always keep at lowball number until the day before flying. I really wonder if intrinsic damage truly occurs at 100% awaiting ten days in very tropical climate heat.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada