DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Discharging Mavic Mini Transmitter

With 18650 Li-ions, you only need to concerned about charge level if they're going to be stored for three months or longer. Then it's recommended they be left at 40% to 60%.

Reactions: Dbez1 and Rchawks
Unfortunatelly, two conflicting opinions about battery storage o_O

Searching a bit on the web you will find someone suporting your favorite theory.

That's the reason I decided to be conservative. If storing at 50% is good for a long term storage IT CAN'T BE BAD for a short term storage.

In my case, It's a matter of caution. Mavic Mini batteries are like gold for me. Impossible to find a reemplace nowadays due china medical crisis.

For me that applies both aircraft and controller batteries.

You have to make your own decision...

R.

Reactions: Dbez1
Unfortunatelly, two conflicting opinions about battery storage o_O

Searching a bit on the web you will find someone suporting your favorite theory.

That's the reason I decided to be conservative. If storing at 50% is good for a long term storage IT CAN'T BE BAD for a short term storage.

In my case, It's a matter of caution. Mavic Mini batteries are like gold for me. Impossible to find a reemplace nowadays due china medical crisis.

For me that applies both aircraft and controller batteries.

You have to make your own decision...

R.

Of course.

In my case, it's based on more than opinion, though. I've been using 18650's for several years in other devices so I have previous experience with them. I also have several drones that use Li-pos so I have experience with them as well. Anecdotally, when I purchase new Li-pos, they come out of the box at <>50% charge as you would expect. On the other hand, every 18650 Li-ion I've purchased has come out the box with a 95% to 98% charge.

I learned the hard way about Li-pos early on. Ruined several of them from improper charging and storage so I'm very careful now. At the time, those batteries were $200 a pop.

I love that the Mini batteries are Li-ion because I don't have to worry about coordinating charging with opportunities to fly, which is a PITA with Li-pos.

But that's just me. :)

Reactions: raulmavic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan