DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Disconnected

Geo

Reactions
All of a sudden my remote was either not connecting right away to the Mavic or it would go up a 30 feet and disconnect. While RTH would bring it back, it is very disconcerting when the Mavic is in the air and you are not flying it. Went to search mode on this forum and read a lot of ideas on how to fix this. None of them really worked. So in a desparate measure I went to DJI ( non) support. Found my question and read their suggestions. OMG, they worked! So if you are having this problem here is the best suggestion to fix it:
1What can I do if a “Disconnected” warning is displayed in the app?

(1)If a mobile device is connected to the standard USB port on the remote controller, make sure that the Micro USB port on the remote controller is disconnected.

(2)Try to restart the mobile device or the remote controller, remove and then insert the USB cable, or try with another normally functioning mobile device.

(3)Connect the mobile device to the remote controller via the Micro USB port or the standard USB port, and check whether neither port works.

Reactions: Falconer
Cant you control the Mavic without a phone? Just the contdol pad.

Would restarting that not be quicker?

Been getting that disconnected wording up top quite a bit lately. Fortunately it is before launch. I just unplug replug the micro usb cable on the left and it connects normally as its done in the past.

My guess the short microUSB to lightning cable is starting to go bad, too.

Just had similar issue, had controller lock up, stick error, disconnected from aircraft and app all at once. Was about 30ft out and 20ft AGL using camera for photos when yellow flashing led illuminated, MP flew back towards homepoint hessitated flew on, came back, hovered at about 8ft, I looked down at the phone and the app had actually turned black and white, I had no control as controller had disconnected and App was reconnecting and disconnecting faster than I could keep up with it, thankfully I pulled the lead out of the controller and it gave me back control. I had just put a new DJI battery in and it told me that it needed to update due to unrecognised hardware which it did so and told me everything was fine, I'm using a Sony Xperia Z5 and between it and the app crashing constantly I'm pulling my hair out....I've a Phantom as well and don't have any of these issues.....Any Suggestions as to what's going on?

How do you disable micro usb port on rc? Not seen a setting for that anywhere.

How do you disable micro usb port on rc? Not seen a setting for that anywhere.
You can't really "disable" it, but if you don't plug a cable into it, the controller won't use it so it's effectively disabled.

I am finding that if it is not connected and showing "Disconnected" unplug USB plug on left side and plug it back in usually works. I wonder what is causing this. The cable couldn't be bad already.

Have bench tested the whole set up and it appears to be the phone discharging faster than it can charge from the controller and it really uses the juice (to the point the phone gets very hot) at 30% Sony asks if you want to enable stamina mode (whether you like it or not) and it seems to address the usb port and reset it, I'm thinking this coupled with charge/discharge, data out/in is confusing it and effectively locking it up. Not ideal but useful to know...also Sonys' answer to overheating seems to be shut down non essential apps....looking like it's down to the old Android over IOS argument again...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+