DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Disconnected !

davew

Reactions
What is my best course of action if my iPad shows disconnected but my controller appears to be connected? I had a disconnect a few times, once when I was high (350') and far (1500') that gave me a scare. I did a quick look around and couldn't readily see it so I opted to fly back by the hand held controller distance and altitude readout. I have heard some say reset your controller, that works, but if I reset my controller while in flight what will the Mavic do? What is the best answer?

Unplug the lightning connector and plug it back in. I go through and shut down all the other apps before I fly, I have not had the disconnected message since.

Flying my Mavic Air one time I had the controller disconnect from the bird. The Air came back via RTH. The controller didn't reconnect until it was about 6 feet off the ground, when I finally power cycled the controller. So, for me, the next time I get a disconnect like this, I'll power cycle the controller asap. Hopefully it never happens again. It's a bit unnerving since I was out 2500 feet and was left wondering whether I'd have to go on a rescue mission through the snow.

I have also had my iPhone power down suddenly due to a dead battery. I was within line of sight, so it was easy to bring back visually.

What is my best course of action if my iPad shows disconnected but my controller appears to be connected? I had a disconnect a few times, once when I was high (350') and far (1500') that gave me a scare. I did a quick look around and couldn't readily see it so I opted to fly back by the hand held controller distance and altitude readout. I have heard some say reset your controller, that works, but if I reset my controller while in flight what will the Mavic do? What is the best answer?
You did everything correctly. Your RC was still connected and you were still in control so there is no reason to panic. Just release the sticks to stop any motion while you work with your display device (unplug/replug, turn off/on, restart).

You ask about resetting your controller. The term controller sometimes refers to the remote controller (RC) and sometimes to the display device. Both are accurate because they both can be in control of the Mavic. In your case the only "controller" you should consider resetting is your display device, since your RC was still connected and able to control your Mavic. If you reset your RC then Failsafe RTH will kick in until you regain control and cancel it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrefu