DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Disconnecting during flight

cesampson

Reactions
My Mavic Pro has recently started disconnecting during flight and sometimes takes awhile to connect when starting. Any tips? Thanks!

Do you get 'Disconnected' or 'Signal Lost' on the app?

Can you still control it with the controller? If not, try switching to Sport mode.

Does it execute a Smart RTH after a few seconds? If not, AND you have that turned on, try power cycling the controller as that will cut the connection for sure and it will execute a Smart RTH.

Most of these issues are the cable, or the device getting short of resources. One good tip with the device is to always put it in airplane mode so it doesnt have to handle any LTE traffic or look for wifi.

I had that problem too. I still had control. If I messed with the USB cord, it would intermittently reconnect. I checked the lower USB port that I use, and the plastic part inside wiggled. I may have bumped that end on something, or dropped it. Anyhow, I sent it to DJI. I got a message that the main controller board needed to be replaced. It cost $245, and I should have it back tomorrow. It took a week from the time they received it. Probably getting a refurbished one. So that's one scenario FYI.

Reactions: WAXMAN
My Mavic Pro has recently started disconnecting during flight and sometimes takes awhile to connect when starting. Any tips? Thanks!
i’ve had the same issue with my mpp,the app would crash but i still had control with the rc,i’ve found that putting my note 9 in airplane mode stopped all those issues

I would begin by replacing the USB cable

Reactions: Izzy1965
I had that problem too. I still had control. If I messed with the USB cord, it would intermittently reconnect. I checked the lower USB port that I use, and the plastic part inside wiggled. I may have bumped that end on something, or dropped it. Anyhow, I sent it to DJI. I got a message that the main controller board needed to be replaced. It cost $245, and I should have it back tomorrow. It took a week from the time they received it. Probably getting a refurbished one. So that's one scenario FYI.
They had this problem from the start. ( a cheap USB plug in). Now they charge you for it. I've seen on Youtube how to replace this component.

I would start by checking if the smartphone device is fully charged when it occurs... Could just be the reason for a connection loss between device and RC.

I too used to experience this problem and I realised if you take out your phone protective cover and connect your phone directly to your controller it should do the trick

Do you get 'Disconnected' or 'Signal Lost' on the app?

Can you still control it with the controller? If not, try switching to Sport mode.

Does it execute a Smart RTH after a few seconds? If not, AND you have that turned on, try power cycling the controller as that will cut the connection for sure and it will execute a Smart RTH.

Most of these issues are the cable, or the device getting short of resources. One good tip with the device is to always put it in airplane mode so it doesnt have to handle any LTE traffic or look for wifi.

Hi there, one question; before take off switch to airplane mode?

Hi there, one question; before take off switch to airplane mode?
Airplane mode on the cellphone - it turns off wifi, LTE, and bluetooth so the cellphone has comms only with the controller.

Putting my smartphone in airplane mode has always been the good workaround for me too.
The only drawback is that you don't have the map in the APP. You have to preload it before flying.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_