DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Disconnection problem Mavic mini

Colon79

Reactions
Just received a new mini yesterday and can’t even fly it 15 ft up and it says disconnecting. Still not using a sd card and my phone is an iPhone XR. Help

Just received a new mini yesterday and can’t even fly it 15 ft up and it says disconnecting. Still not using a sd card and my phone is an iPhone XR. Help
How much RAM is left I think you need at least 1. The iPhone XR only has 3 gigs of ram You are other apps might be using too much.

You should be able to go to settings and see how much ram is available like I said it only comes with 3 I'm using a Galaxy S10 plus it comes with a 8 gigs of RAM. And I have a little over 4 left

You should be able to go to settings and see how much ram is available like I said it only comes with 3 I'm using a Galaxy S10 plus it comes with a 8 gigs of RAM. And I have a little over 4 left

RAM has nothing to do with signal strength. It’s more likely that OP is flying in an area with lots of WiFi interference.

RAM has nothing to do with signal strength. It’s more likely that OP is flying in an area with lots of WiFi interference.
Well we have just about tried everything. Put in an sd card, turned off WiFi, torneo on flight mode and still that recording of disconnection comes on. I am just about ready to give up

How are your antennas oriented? Where are you trying to fly? Are there steel structures nearby? Disconnected means signal loss, so you will need to figure out why the signal is poor. Most causes are environmental but it may be a problem with the drone itself - broken antenna, bad connection etc.

Try flying outside in an open area with no trees or metallic structures nearby or in the way, orient. your transmitter antennas properly, and report back.

Reactions: Bi88les
I was experiencing the same thing. Lots of WiFi in my residential area and it would disconnect.

Went to an open park area and it worked fine, except the micro USB cable came loose on the bottom of my phone causing it to disconnect. I'm guilty of flying with a phone cover still on, making a questionable connection to the rc.

I have a mini that will disconnect from the drone every 15-20 seconds. Sometimes it will reconnect, sometimes it won’t. It’s doing this in any environment, in any mode and all firmware is up to date. I’m also about done with this drone and it’s my second one. Very disappointed

I've the same problem with my iPhone XR. With my wife's iPhone 11 it works fine but with my XR it disconnects very often. I thought it's caused by low voltage phone battery but now I'm sure it's indipendent from the problem source.

I have a mini that will disconnect from the drone every 15-20 seconds. Sometimes it will reconnect, sometimes it won’t. It’s doing this in any environment, in any mode and all firmware is up to date. I’m also about done with this drone and it’s my second one. Very disappointed
Did you have this problem with both of the Minis?

did you try to put the phone in plane mode? With an older samsung s5 it does the trick.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Claybird