DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Disheartened

I don't know if the Air comparison makes any sense. It's not truly the previous model, it's a different model.
yeah sorry, dunno why I typed Air, it was late at night?

I bought a pro fly more combo for the same price as OP doesnt like for the mavic 2 pro.

the mavic 2 zoom is exactly the same price as a mavic 1 pro was last year in australia. Did the OP really think they'd be heaps cheaper?

Reactions: Elton Hammonds
You are in the wrong place. DJI is a commercially available drone company offering the latest technology.

What you want is an open source platform, of which there should be several to choose from. But being crowdsourced you have to understand that development will not be on the pace of a company like DJI.
do you not understand sarcasm?

Ok so feel I might need to clarify a few things.

In my original post I noted that I was saving up to buy my first DJI drone, which means I have never spent full price on one of these drones back when they were more expensive then they are now.

Did I expect them to be cheaper than the current drone when it was first released, well I never really thought of it because I had no idea what those prices were.

Did I expect the price to be cheap, no I didn’t but clearly I didn’t expect this expensive, especially when it jumps much higher because of my geographical location.

Now don’t get me wrong, the frustration I originally felt was mainly due to not being able to get one of these amazing new drones because of the higher price. I may have expressed myself badly in that frustration but given you are all here because of your passion for this hobby, I am sure you can imagine or at least appreciate why someone would find it disappointing that they might miss out getting the opportunity to fly one of these (hopefully at least for a while).

So while I’m sure will be there some who still feel I am not allowed to express my disappointment but hopefully now you can see that why.

I will continue saving and hopefully in a year, or so, I can become a mavic pilot.

In my original post I noted that I was saving up to buy my first DJI drone, which means I have never spent full price on one of these drones back when they were more expensive then they are now.

Did I expect them to be cheaper than the current drone when it was first released, well I never really thought of it because I had no idea what those prices were.

Did I expect the price to be cheap, no I didn’t but clearly I didn’t expect this expensive, especially when it jumps much higher because of my geographical location.

Now don’t get me wrong, the frustration I originally felt was mainly due to not being able to get one of these amazing new drones because of the higher price. I may have expressed myself badly in that frustration but given you are all here because of your passion for this hobby, I am sure you can imagine or at least appreciate why someone would find it disappointing that they might miss out getting the opportunity to fly one of these (hopefully at least for a while).

So while I’m sure will be there some who still feel I am not allowed to express my disappointment but hopefully now you can see that why.

I will continue saving and hopefully in a year, or so, I can become a mavic pilot.

buy my low hour V1 pro so I can upgrade ;)

Reactions: Blades

Patience is a virtue and an important trait for a pilot of any aircraft.

I'm sure if you hold on you'll be a credit to the drone community.

I've been waiting for a year and a half and am now shaking my head at the hot heads that are going nuts because they don't have a tracking number yet.

I don't have a tracking number yet, but what's the difference in a couple days or weeks longer?

They have obviously never been at the end of a combat deployment and been told you just got extended for 6 more months. :)

If you have no Mavic (or other "quality" drone) now, I strongly recommend you get a good refurbed or used Mavic Pro at a good price (there will be boatloads of them available with the new ones out) and just fly the heck out of it for the next year or so. By then, you'll have gotten used to it, have modded it if desired, and will have a feel for what you REALLY want/need. You might find it's perfectly suitable, as I have, and not buy a MP2, saving a lot of money.

Even if you do end up getting a MP2 someday, you'll have lots of experience flying something very similar, so will be comfortable and less likely to crash an expensive, current-model Mavic 2.

how strict is your border? in canada we have many provinces and all charge different tax rates, in bc where i live our tax is quite high, i have learned to shop from a province with less tax and most not all but most will happily ship to u charging only the tax in that province. may be the same where u are, or buy used from a member here and no tax at all

Reactions: Elton Hammonds
If you have no Mavic (or other "quality" drone) now, I strongly recommend you get a good refurbed or used Mavic Pro at a good price (there will be boatloads of them available with the new ones out) and just fly the heck out of it for the next year or so. By then, you'll have gotten used to it, have modded it if desired, and will have a feel for what you REALLY want/need. You might find it's perfectly suitable, as I have, and not buy a MP2, saving a lot of money.

Even if you do end up getting a MP2 someday, you'll have lots of experience flying something very similar, so will be comfortable and less likely to crash an expensive, current-model Mavic 2.

Yeah..... you won’t kick yourself when you crash it or lose it. :^)

-G

I don't have a tracking number yet, but what's the difference in a couple days or weeks longer?

Because when you need to leave the country in under 2 weeks and ONLY ordered from DJI (who are MORE expensive than DigitalRev etc) because they claimed they had stock and 3-5 working days for delivery when they fail to actually honour that it causes annoyance. If they were honest about it i could have not ordered off them and got it off someone else or in a mall in Asia when i arrive rather than potentially having to wait around here until that time.

If they didnt promise delivery in a fixed time period then yes, no sense getting annoyed. But some of us ordered based on that promise BECAUSE we have a timeline to keep.

As for the Australia cost - do people grey market like DigitalRev not offer it cheaper? I can save 25% or so on expensive kit to the UK from them.

Hi,

I have been lurking around these forums for a long time reading advice as I saved up to get my first mavic drone.

I have been eagerly awaiting this new drone so that I could get the latest tech but ( Mod Removed ) the zoom is $1999 for just the drone and the fly more package is another $802 but is wonderfully on sale for $549.

The pro 2 is another $300 above the zoom.

In case you didn’t guess given the crazy price I live in Australia and the price moves this well out of reach.

Can’t help but feel disheartened.
Same in Kiwi! (New Zealand for everyone else) Mavic 2 Pro Fly more package $3,299. Stick'n with my Mavic Pro Platinum!

Same in Kiwi! (New Zealand for everyone else) Mavic 2 Pro Fly more package $3,299. Stick'n with my Mavic Pro Platinum!

I just looked up the exchange rate - holy smoke! If I did the math right in my head, it's about 20% more than USA pricing. If NZ price includes all taxes, it'd be about 10-15% more.

Hi,

I have been lurking around these forums for a long time reading advice as I saved up to get my first mavic drone.

I have been eagerly awaiting this new drone so that I could get the latest tech but ( Mod Removed ) the zoom is $1999 for just the drone and the fly more package is another $802 but is wonderfully on sale for $549.

In case you didn’t guess given the crazy price I live in Australia and the price moves this well out of reach.

Where do you live?

In the US, it's only $1250 with another $360 (thereabouts) for the Fly More.

Hi,

I live in Australia as well. Yes, it's a lot of money....I mean a lot of money ! But what isn't? Ultimately, we all make choices about where we spend our money fancy branded clothes, holidays, cars, boats, quad bikes, alcohol, eating out .....take your pick. I closed my eyes and pushed BUY and bought a M2Pro because you are a long time dead!

Here in New Zealand, just over the ditch from Australia, we also get hammered by taxes as well as a weak dollar against the US.
Mavic 2 Zoom price is $2299.00.
Mavic 2 Pro is $2699.00.
If you want the fly more combo add another $600 on top.
Our petrol price for 95 octane is $2.50 per litre. $7.05 per gallon.
Our average income is lower than Australia as well. I live in Auckland which is outrageous in its prices.
So it makes for a very hard time justifying why I should upgrade from my Mavic Pro Platinum.
Being into photography though I do understand the benefits of picture quality against what I currently own.
I will end up buying the Mavic 2 Pro. Just not yet.

Reactions: Clinton1
When I got my first drone I got it at Bestbuy with no interest for six months. You can't do some thing like that?

Last edited:
I live in Australia as well. Yes, it's a lot of money....I mean a lot of money ! But what isn't? Ultimately, we all make choices about where we spend our money fancy branded clothes, holidays, cars, boats, quad bikes, alcohol, eating out .....take your pick. I closed my eyes and pushed BUY and bought a M2Pro because you are a long time dead!
It's like a fine woman mate, if it's the one you want and you can afford it, then go for it...be safe, fly smart!

Reactions: AnchorageAk
You make it sound like saving for a Mavic like saving for a house. But that's Australia for you. :)
Drone is a luxury item. Like all luxury items, if you can afford it, you need to donate money to the gov, in the form of GST. It'll be 3 more prime ministers before you can afford the MP2. ;)
Btw, if you buy overseas and bring it back, you need to open the box. Otherwise, they'll still charge you 10% GST still for importing goods. But you don't want to activate it and fly overseas, cos you need to activate in Australia, so the DJI Care Refresh applies. Bear in mind, there are a few hoops to jump to save money.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d