DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Disheartened

Hello, regrettably you will need a different phone. I have 2 Samsungs on their approved list, but they don't work, and crash constantly. I've done everything mentioned on the interweb, and I mean everything...... The pixel's may work, but the only sure thing is an Apple product. I'm still dealing with the crashing out of stubbornness, but will probably buy something else that works. You can search for which android devices seem the most reliable with the GO app, if you want to stick with that platform.

Regards,

Kevin

My Samsung Note 8 works perfectly with my Mavic Pro and p4p. It has the exynos chipset. Never a single crash.
Maybe the Qualcomm chipset phones have more issues

My Samsung Note 8 works perfectly with my Mavic Pro and p4p. It has the exynos chipset. Never a single crash.

What Android version are you running?

i wonder if who the carrier is has anything to do with android issues?
Each carrier loads a few "extras" that might be a problem? Its really odd that so many have issues and so many dont, with the same model phones.
The droidies need to do a poll! :D

I think that may be a very valid point. I have Snapdragon on my S7, so I'm sure it handles some things differently. The Samsung 8 and Note 8 seem to have better stability than my S9, from what I've read.

Please feel free to add your smooth running phone to the list mentioned at:

Reasonably priced Droid phone review/survey for DJI 4.1.3 & NEWER

Regards,

Kevin

i wonder if who the carrier is has anything to do with android issues?
Each carrier loads a few "extras" that might be a problem? Its really odd that so many have issues and so many dont, with the same model phones.
The droidies need to do a poll! :D

I think you are right. One of the forum members here told me that Samsung heavily modifies the base Android kernels (files) and that can cause issues with 3rd party apps, like DJI Go. If we get enough user experiences on the other thread, I'm hoping we can start to identify a trend, and which brands or types of phones stand the best chance of running well.

Regards,

Kevin

Come to South Africa, then you will see how we are screwed. If i want to buy the Mavic 2 pro, with fly more bundle and new goggles, i am looking at +- R45000. That is ridiculous. Our currency is at 14.5 :1 to the US Dollar. Then the shops here add there cut of profit in also. :(

Olx and junk mail... where I got mine [emoji51]

My operate I stalled no extra bloatware on my Note 8 and it works fine. You may have a point.

I am also from south africa and i would suggest buying abroad instead. I bought my mavic 2 zoom from amazon in us, and even with shipping ot ended up a lot cheaper than local prices, and i got it 3 months before it was available in sa. The mavic zoom was 17000 zar and locally its 25000 zar.
Come to South Africa, then you will see how we are screwed. If i want to buy the Mavic 2 pro, with fly more bundle and new goggles, i am looking at +- R45000. That is ridiculous. Our currency is at 14.5 :1 to the US Dollar. Then the shops here add there cut of profit in also. :(

I am also from south africa and i would suggest buying abroad instead. I bought my mavic 2 zoom from amazon in us, and even with shipping ot ended up a lot cheaper than local prices, and i got it 3 months before it was available in sa. The mavic zoom was 17000 zar and locally its 25000 zar.

Did you have to pay import duties, if so how much?

You are in the wrong place. DJI is a commercially available drone company offering the latest technology.

What you want is an open source platform, of which there should be several to choose from. But being crowdsourced you have to understand that development will not be on the pace of a company like DJI.
clearly you have no idea of what SARCASM means.

Also clearly I was directing my sarcasm at the OP who clearly expects everyone around him to work for peanuts because he is unable to afford what others toil to make.

Il will send you private message with details, so i dont spam this post with a long personal reply. But in nutshell yes, when buy from amazon you pay for shipping and import costs. But as i said even with shippi g and import cost its almost always way cheaper that local import products. I think one of the biggest difference you can see when have amazon currency converter active, is Amazon charges you based on the currency conversion rate at time you checkout. Local merchants dont adjust local price if exchange changes, sometimes there huge difference between last month stock and this month stock. They obviously try sell their stock at price they imported it at. (understandable). Whats also nice is amazon deals with everthing, they and the courier pay import tax on your behalf. So it all paid for upfront to amazon and when checkout you can review the break down.
Did you have to pay import duties, if so how much?

Reactions: CarlStarke
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas