DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dissapointed With My Air2s

That's awesome thanks for sharing i have the air 2 they don't look like that

thx.
the resolution out of the 1" sensor, especially with the multi-image panos, and in low light, is really impressive.

N6rvY3G.jpg

I would like to see video from the new Air2 - 1" sensor to see how it stacks up to the 1/2" in my MA2. I almost bought one the other day. Have you directly compared them? If there is not a significant difference I am getting the FPV instead.
Well, i am not highly experienced, not to say, it's only 3 months i have a drone. I bought : Mini 1, Mini 2, Air 2 and Air 2S to compare.

In daylight : no difference at all in quality. i have some shots from the AIR 2 and i struggle to see where it fails related to Air 2S. I coudl send the videos. The quality is really, really decent on the AIR 2. Some color processing little bit more agressive on the AIR 2S

In night, well, i don't have the same results as the other contributor ( with the really, really beautiful picture ). My pictures are more like " well it's good, but not crazy " as noise is still there

I would go for the FPV, i regret selling my AIR 2 which was totally sufficient. Don't forget some points too :
- Air 2s sensor crop the image when shooting in 4K 60fps
- Air2s have a bit less battery ( a bit... )
- 5.4k does not bring anything if you don't do a lot of post production

Reactions: JackL
Not sure if the OP was trolling or not, but this has been an awesome thread. Every single post has been helpful and the pictures have been awesome. Especially loved the one from Miami!

I would go for the FPV, i regret selling my AIR 2 which was totally sufficient. Don't forget some points too :
- Air 2s sensor crop the image when shooting in 4K 60fps
- Air2s have a bit less battery ( a bit... )
- 5.4k does not bring anything if you don't do a lot of post production

Thanks! I have a slow PC. 4K alone brings me trouble... ;) I hate editing and processing pics.

I have recently started trying some long exposure 8 second shots with the MA2 and was actually pretty impressed with the results. I wish it went to 20 seconds!!! A2 would have to be a slight improvement but that sort of photography is honestly tricky even with a DLSR on a solid tripod on the best night so results are always going to vary wildly. The people making the really incredible shots are probably stacking them which I consider art and not photography.

All in all your experience is probably exactly what would happen for me so I am going to think about only having 20 minutes flight time with no gimble. I am ready to chase boats doing 70 and 80 MPH and only the FPV can hope to handle it it seems.

That's awesome thanks for sharing i have the air 2 they don't look like that

Photographers have a saying about it being 99% the person holding the camera and 1% the equipment. It was hard for me to hear when I first started taking pictures but after decades of it I definitely believe someone with a pinhole camera can smoke the highest end gear under the right circumstances.

Reactions: Steel63
Don’t agree. This drone has alien pilots in it. I flew through a densely wooded trail, including diving into spaces between trees. The manual settings and camera, is DJI quality all the way. I can grab crisp images from the 4K video, and shoot 20mp stills and video in low light. DR Approved video 3C9AB52F-38C5-496A-9C7B-53B5C0DEA349.jpeg

Ok, I'm going to stir the pot just a little bit. This is what I'm talking about. This is an image from a 6 year old Mavic Pro. With these settings and a variable aperture, I would see no reason whatsoever for post processing.
I understand that this is using the Go4 app and that tells me that the Fly app along with the drone are my complaints. It seems to me that the drone makers are more interested in bells and whistles than camera functions. The cameras all the way back to the later phantoms have all been 12MP and virtually about the same. The recent full frame that they refer to is more a gimmick than a fact in my opinion.

So with that being said, please just accept this as a rant and not an attack on any ones personal opinions.
Screenshot (63).png

Ok, I'm going to stir the pot just a little bit. This is what I'm talking about. This is an image from a 6 year old Mavic Pro. With these settings and a variable aperture, I would see no reason whatsoever for post processing.
I understand that this is using the Go4 app and that tells me that the Fly app along with the drone are my complaints. It seems to me that the drone makers are more interested in bells and whistles than camera functions. The cameras all the way back to the later phantoms have all been 12MP and virtually about the same. The recent full frame that they refer to is more a gimmick than a fact in my opinion.

So with that being said, please just accept this as a rant and not an attack on any ones personal opinions

I shot these with my MA2. I'm really happy with the pics and video it spits out in auto, tbh. I really wish it had a variable aperture like everyone else though.

Shooting in raw and processing in Photoshop easily makes pics look as good as a DLSR, imo. I would never process photos on my phone or tablet so I don't have the one concern you do. I can see where people would want the ability though. Maybe get a photo editor for your device that can process the raw shots the drone makes.

1625947725595.jpeg

1625947600031.jpeg

Reactions: sarimento1
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98