DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

distance limitations pre set?

Markc_66

Reactions
i was out in the middle of nowhere last month and my mpp would only go about 1,500' in any direction and only 400' high. someone suggested it was settings in the dji go4 app. i have never set any since getting my drone last month. are these efault settings? i was not in beginner mode.

i was out in the middle of nowhere last month and my mpp would only go about 1,500' in any direction and only 400' high. someone suggested it was settings in the dji go4 app. i have never set any since getting my drone last month. are these efault settings? i was not in beginner mode.

400’ is definitely the default height in the US. The FAA would really like if you didn’t go higher. Not sure about distance but it’s in meters so it’s not 1500’. At any rate these are easy to change in the Go 4 app.

You can increase the altitude limit to 500 meters (1640 feet) and can turn the distance limit off entirely.

Reactions: Markc_66
When you do change your settings be sure all is powered up so the #'s will stick or they won't .

400’ is definitely the default height in the US. The FAA would really like if you didn’t go higher. Not sure about distance but it’s in meters so it’s not 1500’. At any rate these are easy to change in the Go 4 app.

You can increase the altitude limit to 500 meters (1640 feet) and can turn the distance limit off entirely.
One tip: it is important to note that the guidelines are 400 feet AGL (above ground level). Since the setting is based off of height above where you take off, it is very useful to have this set higher so you can deal with terrain changes and still stay within the guidelines. Since I live and usually fly in mountainous terrain, I set it to the max and just do my best to follow the guidelines.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salvator419