DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Distance range < 125m

MavicAirIceland

Reactions
Hi girls, guys, pilots,

I have read a lot of posts on this forum that I found very interesting but nothing that exactly matches the situation I face now. I have got a Mavic Air that I brought with me in Iceland. I have made great footage so far, however I have issues with the distance range.

I cannot go further that 125m horizontally and 125m vertically. If I try to go further, I receive an error message and the engines are blocked.

I fly in 2.4Gh and CE mode, no signal extender. Is it normal? and if not, what can I do to exit that 125m3 box?

Thank you very much for your help!!

Check that you're not in beginner mode. Should be an option to turn off in the Go app's aircraft settings, I think in the same place the "Multiple flight modes enable" switch is.

Also check that you're getting adequate GPS signal such that the aircraft enters normal P-GPS mode. Iceland should be far enough south to get a good GPS lock.

Hi guys,
Thanks for your answers! I checked and I am not in beginner mode and I am logged to my Dji account. The pb certainly comes from somewhere else. Do you know if changing from 2.4 to 5.8 could change anything?

You can also set the maximum alitude and distance in one of the settings screens. 5.8 is handy in busy areas, but ultimately offers less range than 2.4.

You could try the FCC hack if you have access to an android device. It makes quite a difference.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78