DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

distance

Perry skinner

Reactions
my Mavi pro will fly 9184 which is about a mile and 3/4 and I start getting warning signs adjust antenna sign al lost I have tried several locations same results any help

Are you running optimal antenna position Perry ?
Totally flat terrain ?
Have you tried from a high point well above all surrounding terrain for a distance you want to fly ?

Line of sight (LOS) between aircraft and controller is vital and anything in the way like trees, low hills, etc will interfere and add up to enough disruption for signal.
Going high is usually required to keep the LOS better in anything other than totally open terrain with full LOS for signal.

I suspect atmospheric conditions, electrical interference, and strong wifi might also affect things to varying degrees.
Remote-ish location, on a high peak, viewing device on aeroplane mode, away from any vehicle systems interference . . . you should be able to get further, but unless going for a distance trial or whatever, is there a need to go further ?

Visual line of sight (VLOS) is one of the general hobbyist rules, but then you may be licenced or be in a place that doesn't apply.

Fly over a body of water with no obstructions. Do you not think that is far enough?

Are you running optimal antenna position Perry ?
Totally flat terrain ?
Have you tried from a high point well above all surrounding terrain for a distance you want to fly ?

Line of sight (LOS) between aircraft and controller is vital and anything in the way like trees, low hills, etc will interfere and add up to enough disruption for signal.
Going high is usually required to keep the LOS better in anything other than totally open terrain with full LOS for signal.

I suspect atmospheric conditions, electrical interference, and strong wifi might also affect things to varying degrees.
Remote-ish location, on a high peak, viewing device on aeroplane mode, away from any vehicle systems interference . . . you should be able to get further, but unless going for a distance trial or whatever, is there a need to go further ?

Visual line of sight (VLOS) is one of the general hobbyist rules, but then you may be licenced or be in a place that doesn't apply.

I suspect you are nearing the limit of the Mavic Pro remote range. If you want to go further upgrade the antenna or install a modded DJI Go app to enable boost mode

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
albestinspections