Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ditched Mavic Pro in ocean

Chris155

Reactions
Site
www.christieimages.com
Today my M2pro ditched in the ocean!
I’m hoping to hire a diver to scoop it up.. I am also in a remote area with no computer. Is there any way I can send my flight info to someone for analyze?
it’s driving me nuts trying to source what happened. I did have a cold battery warning but that was on initial startup and seemed fine after.
Chris

Today my M2pro ditched in the ocean!
I’m hoping to hire a diver to scoop it up.. I am also in a remote area with no computer. Is there any way I can send my flight info to someone for analyze?
it’s driving me nuts trying to source what happened. I did have a cold battery warning but that was on initial startup and seemed fine after.
Chris
Go here --> Flight log retrieval and analysis guide and read up under point 3 over how to retrieve ... then attach the logs (both the device TXT & DAT logs) here in a new post. Also add some more context, so we know the circumstances around the event & what you saw happened.

Reactions: Slade and Chris155
It’s going to cost you more than what that drone is worth hiring a diver to go look for it I speak from experience because I am a diver. Especially where it went in at because it could be extremely deep.

200 bucks for the commercial diver.
I’m having trouble finding a boat with corona!
If I was in my home town I’d have it back by now for free?
The drone was toast the second it hit salt water.
It's not going to be repairable and all that you could reuse would be the SD card and props.
It's not worth the effort and expense to salvage.
When you post the data from your phone or tablet, someone will be able to analyse it for clues to the mystery.

Was it in warranty? Did you have care/refresh? Otherwise, not worth looking for it.

Attached is a zip folder from the IOS app. I cannot see the DAT logs but will keep looking.
It would be great if someone would be willing to have a look and give some feedback on what happened.
I was using intelligent flight mode.
I saw there was a cold battery warning but I warmed it up and flew a brief flight prior to losing the MP2 in the drink. There was a fair amount of glare on the water making me wonder if the sensor was thrown off/

Attachments

• TXTlogToCSVtool.zip
    406.5 KB · Views: 13
Go here --> Flight log retrieval and analysis guide and read up under point 3 over how to retrieve ... then attach the logs (both the device TXT & DAT logs) here in a new post. Also add some more context, so we know the circumstances around the event & what you saw happened.
Thanks for the info! Home now on my desktop. I attached zip folder below but not sure if the Dat Logs are there. I'll keep trying to get the correct file to attach.

Attached is a zip folder from the IOS app. I cannot see the DAT logs but will keep looking.
It would be great if someone would be willing to have a look and give some feedback on what happened.
I was using intelligent flight mode.
I saw there was a cold battery warning but I warmed it up and flew a brief flight prior to losing the MP2 in the drink. There was a fair amount of glare on the water making me wonder if the sensor was thrown off/
The file you attached is not from your app.
Try these instructions... (or just post the .txt file)
Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report of the flight.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.

The file you attached is not from your app.
Try these instructions... (or just post the .txt file)
Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report of the flight.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.
Thanks,
Some files won't attach because of some extension. Here is the DAT while I find the TXT

Attachments

• 2020-03-24_10-17-34_FLY032.DAT
    5.9 MB · Views: 10
Some files won't attach because of some extension. Here is the DAT while I find the TXT
Just find the .txt file.
The instructions in my last post will point you to it.

Just find the .txt file.
The instructions in my last post will point you to it.
Thanks!
Ya,
Strange the correct date did not show right the 1st few trys.
Hopefully this is it.

I was using intelligent flight mode. Temps were well above freezing.
I saw there was a cold battery warning but I warmed it up and flew a brief flight prior to losing the MP2 in the drink. There was a fair amount of glare on the water making me wonder if the sensor was thrown off. I heard no warnings or indications of a problem. I did not have eyes on the controller for a time.. ( I know.. not good practice)

chriis

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2020-03-24_[10-18-31].txt
    1.7 MB · Views: 11
  • 2020-03-24_10-17-34_FLY032.DAT
    5.9 MB · Views: 13
Reactions: Meta4
I saw there was a cold battery warning but I warmed it up and flew a brief flight prior to losing the MP2 in the drink. There was a fair amount of glare on the water making me wonder if the sensor was thrown off. I heard no warnings or indications of a problem. I did not have eyes on the controller for a time.. ( I know.. not good practice)
According to the recorded flight data, you pulled the left stick hard down at 8:44.5 while the drone was 79 feet up.
You kept the left stick pulled down until the flight data ends at 9:21.3.
At 9:15.7 The drone was 3 feet above the water surface and landing protection prevented it from going lower.
But keeping the left stick down initiated a forced landing 3 seconds later at 9:18.7 and the drone landed into the water.

• Wow
Reactions: Brandaloo
According to the recorded flight data, you pulled the left stick hard down at 8:44.5 while the drone was 79 feet up.
You kept the left stick pulled down until the flight data ends at 9:21.3.
At 9:15.7 The drone was 3 feet above the water surface and landing protection prevented it from going lower.
But keeping the left stick down initiated a forced landing 3 seconds later at 9:18.7 and the drone landed into the water.
Thanks for that!
Ya- I was multi tasking on a solo trip..
I am a photographer and was trying to grab too much at one time.
Harsh !
Apparantly something shifted in my arrangement and hit the controller.
I know better and thought I had a handle on things.
That’s a hit to the professional standard I keep for safe flying..
?

Last edited:
Usually, when someone refers to a "Ditching", it means the Aircraft made a water landing on purpose. This sounds more like an unexpected crash. I'm curious how high above the water were you operating at the time? Did you have visual contact with the Aircraft when it hit the water?

Post 18, total pilot error.
Sometimes pilots pull the wrong stick, not too often with experience and 2nd nature on the sticks, but it happens a lot with new pilots.
You get away with it sometimes, other times not.
Maybe the cold made the error easier to make, and the altitude dropping and warnings like auto landing were missed on the screen.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada