DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Divorce is inevitable, MM and me

The thing is Rod, they have said virtually nothing. No report, just a drone a a few batteries wrapped in bubble wrap.

Just imagine, they understood the problem and gave us some information e.g. " Aircraft may experience control/propulsion issues under certain circumstances" and perhaps a temporary solution e.g. "If aircraft detects altitude drop without operator input, aircraft will assume RTH and initiate it".

That would be a confidence winner for all of us, instead we get nothing.

Just as well DJI don't make aeroplanes.
"Geez,
I can't believe there still coming at you saying it was wind and or your fault.
"
Not sure if you understood my meaning of my statement, it wasn't DJI, it was the posters on this thread. :rolleyes:

Rod

Reactions: David2111
So this is why I brought this question up...
If DJI sent you a new or different mini and you kept your remote, then they are not going to linked. Then you would know it is a different unit or not.

Rod
Not necessarily. DJI would pair their remote to test the repair. This would then require you to relink your RC to your AC. AC can only pair to one RC at a time, with the exception of a secondary/slave RC that some models are capable of.

Reactions: RodPad
Not necessarily. DJI would pair their remote to test the repair. This would then require you to relink your RC to your AC. AC can only pair to one RC at a time, with the exception of a secondary/slave RC that some models are capable of.
I don't know this, are you saying the MM can be linked to two remotes?

Rod

I said SOME models can link to 2 remotes as a master/slave primary/secondary. The Mini is not one of them. As a matter of fact, the M2 didn't have that capability for over 6 months. I had said ACs could only connect to one RC with exceptions. I added the exception clause so someone doesn't make exception to my comment.

I said SOME models can link to 2 remotes as a master/slave primary/secondary. The Mini is not one of them. As a matter of fact, the M2 didn't have that capability for over 6 months. I had said ACs could only connect to one RC with exceptions. I added the exception clause so someone doesn't make exception to my comment.
Sorry man,

I was focused on this thread. It is about a MM.
I asked and he said, he didn't send in the remote.

My thought was if he didn't know if he got the same AC back.
If he didn't need to re-link it then it is the same AC or the maybe the same Mac address?

I do now see a flaw in my theory that if they did repair it, and tested it with their remote, then from your input he would need to re-link it to fly-it.
Thanks for your input, and he wouldn't have got his own unit back it that short of time. That is now a duh for myself.

@David2111.
Maybe it doesn't matter but if you sell your MM and the buyer has problems because they are not linked.
Just a heads up! I actuality really hate that phrase, not sure why?

Because of this thread and couple of others.
I have purchased a MM, my goal is collect data the .dat files on this Prop stuff, want to the testing indoors.

I would have bought yours, but I needed to have Fresh Props!

Rod

Sorry man,

I was focused on this thread. It is about a MM.
I asked and he said, he didn't send in the remote.

My thought was if he didn't know if he got the same AC back.
If he didn't need to re-link it then it is the same AC or the maybe the same Mac address?

I do now see a flaw in my theory that if they did repair it, and tested it with their remote, then from your input he would need to re-link it to fly-it.
Thanks for your input, and he wouldn't have got his own unit back it that short of time. That is now a duh for myself.

@David2111.
Maybe it doesn't matter but if you sell your MM and the buyer has problems because they are not linked.
Just a heads up! I actuality really hate that phrase, not sure why?

Because of this thread and couple of others.
I have purchased a MM, my goal is collect data the .dat files on this Prop stuff, want to the testing indoors.

I would have bought yours, but I needed to have Fresh Props!

Rod
Thanks Rod, I have not even paired it up yet, maybe tonight. I have lost trust lost on the drone, the affair with it was short, but its over, back to the Mavic Air for me.

David

Thanks Rod, I have not even paired it up yet, maybe tonight. I have lost trust lost on the drone, the affair with it was short, but its over, back to the Mavic Air for me.

David

Dude,

Affair or Divorce?
Do you have any legal documentation on this?

How is the X taking it so far?

I'm going to stay silent, until you have paired up. :rolleyes:

Rod

Reactions: David2111

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54