DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Divorce is inevitable, MM and me

Hard to see so many negative comments about the MM. I have had zero issues with my MM. not one glitch, or loss of signal no drops or loss of control. If you read the manual and use lord forbid I use this term "common sense" then all should be well.

Flying drones for over 3 years in a lot of places, first one was a Spark, second was a Mavic Air and third was the MM. I have never experienced a control failure before, that is the drone does what it wants to do regardless of input from the control. Mine dropped 30 feet, wind was not a factor, nor water. DJI said I had propulsion failure due to wind (that was early in the analysis of it).

For me, the drone dropped from the sky and DJI cannot explain why so I am back to the M Air, happy with that, the M Air has much greater performance in poor conditions, when I put it up at the top of the Stelvio Pass, it got blown around and attacked by three crows, but I am so glad I pushed it out to get the footage I got.

Nope, kept the remote, if I had to guess I would say the MM is a new one, its got all the stickers on it. I also sent in three batteries, I got one returned in a box (as in a new one) and the other two wrapped in bubble wrap. The MM links to the controller which obviously has your phone in it for a screeen.
So this is why I brought this question up...
If DJI sent you a new or different mini and you kept your remote, then they are not going to linked. Then you would know it is a different unit or not.

Rod

I think these are updrafts/downdrafts. Updrafts will lift the little mini to the sky, where downdrafts will bring it to the ground. On another note, a side wind will carry the little mini away possibly to another city.

Even my mavic 2 pro feels very lite in the air to me, but it also seems to have a lot of power.
Have you read the whole thread?

Rod

@David2111 I understand, I also would Love to have a M2P also now but it was a stretch to justify the 500 on the fly more combo with my wife already! lol.

Have a look on Youtube, a guy called "Ian from London" did a wind test on the M2P (maybe it was a Mavic Pro, can't remember) against the M Air, the Air beat the Mavic Pro.

Don't forget you can always use the "Darling I have to trade up because of safety". That's usually a winner........................................

Have a look on Youtube, a guy called "Ian from London" did a wind test on the M2P (maybe it was a Mavic Pro, can't remember) against the M Air, the Air beat the Mavic Pro.

Don't forget you can always use the "Darling I have to trade up because of safety". That's usually a winner........................................

thanks I will look him up. I will have to do some research on that justification, compile a list of concerns. maybe she wont link me having two drones to me needing to trade up for safety lol.

Have you read the whole thread?

Rod
I read enough to know that his little mini was probably caught in a small downdraft which would cause it to descend at a rapid rate. Here is a video that explains why the little mine cant fly in any type of wind

another concern I have on the MM vs wind issue. the Concern I have is that how are most getting their wind speeds, I use the UAV app and its generally pretty spot on I feel.

I have flown in 10-18mph winds and 20mph at 100ft but that's within the capacity of the MM is able to handle. I still wouldn't expect to buy a 249g drone and expect it to not take off like a kite in high winds but yet I still bought one and never looked back.

another concern I have on the MM vs wind issue. the Concern I have is that how are most getting their wind speeds, I use the UAV app and its generally pretty spot on I feel.

I have flown in 10-18mph winds and 20mph at 100ft but that's within the capacity of the MM is able to handle. I still wouldn't expect to buy a 249g drone and expect it to not take off like a kite in high winds but yet I still bought one and never looked back.
I think they're probably good little drones and I wouldn't mind having one. But they are basically built for low altitude flying.

I think they're probably good little drones and I wouldn't mind having one. But they are basically built for low altitude flying.
what would you consider low altitude flying vs say what you would play a M2P at? I mean the mini is capable of 400ft and that's the limit per FAA, but I usually fly with a max of around 125ft. that's plenty for anything I am doing. so to me like I would never fly over probably 250-300 if I felt like being crazy even with a bigger drone. but that is me.

Reactions: Chipuav
what would you consider low altitude flying vs say what you would play a M2P at? I mean the mini is capable of 400ft and that's the limit per FAA, but I usually fly with a max of around 125ft. that's plenty for anything I am doing. so to me like I would never fly over probably 250-300 if I felt like being crazy even with a bigger drone. but that is me.
I think 125 feet would be my max as well if I had one. You have to be careful if you pop up from a patch of trees though. I did it with a little Eachine I had and it was gone in a split second.

I think 125 feet would be my max as well if I had one. You have to be careful if you pop up from a patch of trees though. I did it with a little Eachine I had and it was gone in a split second.
can you explain a bit more from what you mean by "pop up from a patch of trees" and why your eachine was gone? to elaborate on my part I usually take off from my drive way and go up to the altitude that I am going to be flying at and I will adjust if need be, but I generally dont fly out then go down below trees and back up.

can you explain a bit more from what you mean by "pop up from a patch of trees" and why your eachine was gone?
If you are in a wooded area or forest the trees protect the drone from the wind. But as soon as you fly above the tree line the drone gets the full force of the wind and can be blown away.

If you are in a wooded area or forest the trees protect the drone from the wind. But as soon as you fly above the tree line the drone gets the full force of the wind and can be blown away.
oh ok, I gotcha now, yeah I haven't planed on doing that, but thanks for the heads up! ill try to avoid that.

it can happen around buildings too.
I live in a small town with a population of around 300 and I am not 100% sure that isn't counting cats and dogs. the tallest thing there is the water tower lol, I have taken some pretty nice video around the water tower too looks amazing on footage.

Reactions: xspwhite
I read enough to know that his little mini was probably caught in a small downdraft which would cause it to descend at a rapid rate. Here is a video that explains why the little mine cant fly in any type of wind
Well that was a hint that you should look at the whole thread before you continue to post about things that were not the cause.

Rod

@David2111,

Geez,
I can't believe there still coming at you saying it was wind and or your fault. :rolleyes:

Rod
The thing is Rod, they have said virtually nothing. No report, just a drone a a few batteries wrapped in bubble wrap.

Just imagine, they understood the problem and gave us some information e.g. " Aircraft may experience control/propulsion issues under certain circumstances" and perhaps a temporary solution e.g. "If aircraft detects altitude drop without operator input, aircraft will assume RTH and initiate it".

That would be a confidence winner for all of us, instead we get nothing.

Just as well DJI don't make aeroplanes.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots