DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI’s Fathers Day Free Battery Promotion

3DGDad

Reactions
I saw the promo on Sunday, 21 June, that read, “Buy a Mavic Mini, get a FREE Intelligent Flight Battery”! Great deal as it saves you $45!

I selected the Mavic Mini link on the web page and was taken to another page that gave me a choice of buying the standard Mavic Mini package or to select the Mavic Mini Fly More package. I chose the Mavic Mini Fly More Combo package.

I went thru the normal identification, shipping and payment pages and eventually got to the ORDER page.

It took four days to ship to me. I unboxed the package and noticed I only had the three batteries that were supposed to come with the Fly More Combo package, but not the free battery for the Father’s Day promo!

The next day, I drafted up an email and sent this to DJI Support asking when I could expect the battery. Later that day, I received a reply stating they had registered my issue (meaning they opened a ticket) and will respond back as soon as possible.

About one week later I get the first of several replies from separate support agents, all using essentially the exact same format (a canned response), of a message stating the free battery was only for the Standard Mavic Mini option, not for the Mavic Mini Fly More Combo.

There was no mention on the DJI Store webpages that stayed this. To be sure, I pulled up their webpages, as they appeared on the the 21st of June (by using Archive.org’s Wayback Machine) I was able to confirm that there was indeed no mention that the promo was only for the Mavic Mini Standard option.

I replied back to these agents hoping that they would read my replies which included snapshots of the two pages I had to navigate through to purchase my Mavic Mini Fly More Combo drone. But each reply was responded to with the same response.

After going back and forth with DJI Support, three times, I have decided to post my problem in the official DJI Mavic Mini Forum and in the MavicPilots Mavic Mini Series Forum.

DJI Support refuses to accept that their marketing team, or whoever is responsible for putting these promos onto their website failed to add that statement “Only for the Standard Mavic Mini” to the Father’s Day Free Battery promotion announcement.

If you have read this far, thank you and please respond to this question. Should DJI honor their offer of providing a free battery to anyone who purchased a Mavic Mini, Standard or Fly More Combo package, during the promotion period?

Again thank you for reading this post. Please stay home and stay safe. Your life and the lives of your loved ones may depend on it.

3DGDAD
Wade Fallin,
US Navy, Retired

Yes.

I'd say you have a valid point and they should give you the aforementioned free battery.

bumper (USN ET1, but only 8 years :c)

Reactions: 3DGDad

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe Duhr