DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI 4G TD-LTE Wireless Data Terminal Mavic 3 RC Pro, you can purchase at Aliexpress, but will it work in US? OR is it locked to a certain region?

Saw this myself yesterday, it will need a working SIM/S that are compatible with it, so only way to know is give it a try, got to be worth a try, be the first in US to review it, for demonstration purposes only of course. To deliver x 2 modules & holder to UK was quoted £251 ($340)

Reactions: 1TenaciousG
I doubt it will work, even for China it seems you need to pay an annual fee for DJI service to make it work, I guess it needs to go through some nation wide servers or something.
Another question to me is if it works when using RC Pro only or also with the standard controler (RCN1), in the website you can read it supports Mavic 3, Mavic 3 Cine and RC Pro, it doesn't say anything about RCN1, but maybe that is because in the case of using RCN1, the dongle actually doesn't need to connect to the controler, but to the phone.

I doubt it will work, even for China it seems you need to pay an annual fee for DJI service to make it work, I guess it needs to go through some nation wide servers or something.
Another question to me is if it works when using RC Pro only or also with the standard controler (RCN1), in the website you can read it supports Mavic 3, Mavic 3 Cine and RC Pro, it doesn't say anything about RCN1, but maybe that is because in the case of using RCN1, the dongle actually doesn't need to connect to the controler, but to the phone.

The 4G-LTE dongle works for both RC-Pro and RC-N1 controller. RC-Pro requires two dongle to work, RC-N1 only needs one.

The 4G-LTE dongle, as it is now, does't work in the US. Besides the SIM card, it requires an activated service through DJI, to use their data relay server, to transfer data between the dongle and the controller. The dongle is not locked to any particular region, but the service is currently limited to China mainland region only.

Reactions: Rocker4jmav
A TD-LTE device requires a TD-LTE network to function. While such networks do exist outside China, Europe and US networks as far as I know are FD-LTE.

Reactions: Rocker4jmav
Still not working in EU I have 2 dongles & have tested, until DJI enable different regions to access these enhanced Transmission Modes, then it won't work.

Attachments

• 20220318_203705.jpg
    20220318_203705.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 17
Still not working in EU I have 2 dongles & have tested, until DJI enable different regions to access these enhanced Transmission Modes, then it won't work.
Thx for your prompt reply. Did you sent them back or will you keep them?

I've kept them just incase DJI do follow up with new updates that allow their use, also the one fitted inside my RC Pro gives me full internet usage now with no need to have my phone active as hotspot.

Reactions: oztx
I ordered a set yesterday and same here. I still have hope that DJI will update some more Western regions for this device.

Edit: Cancelled my order, see reason below (updated 27052022 11:40).

Last edited:
See reply DJI. Def not usable in EU. They will keep me updated when it will be activated in EU.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-05-27 at 11.15.36 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-05-27 at 11.15.36 AM.jpeg
    156.4 KB · Views: 37

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jtlesn