DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Air 2S or Mini 3?

Right but that was already a given since the sharper image is a higher resolution (48 MP vs 20 MP).
Not a given; everybody would have told you that 20 real megapixels would beat 48 fake megapixels, they did it up until a few hours ago even

On a side note I just realized the missing APAS
Not a given; everybody would have told you that 20 real megapixels would beat 48 fake megapixels, they did it up until a few hours ago even
They're both real MP, its just that it takes more time for the Mini 3 Pro to create the 48MP since its stacking 4 different captures to create and process the 48 MP. The end result is a real 48 MP picture, but if you don't have the processing time (say a burst capture), it can only take a 12 MP picture. Bayer filters are quite interesting like that.

Reactions: MS Coast
On a side note I just realized the missing APAS

They're both real MP, its just that it takes more time for the Mini 3 Pro to create the 48MP since its stacking 4 different captures to create and process the 48 MP. The end result is a real 48 MP picture, but if you don't have the processing time (say a burst capture), it can only take a 12 MP picture. Bayer filters are quite interesting like that.
Guess the old Dominic Toretto is in order:
”it doesn‘t matter if you win by an inch or a mile, winning is winning”

I've got to admit, after 55 miles and eight hours airborn with the Mini 3P, in my opinion, it is a better aircraft than the A2S. It reminds me of a "mini" Mavic 3 Cine. Yep, I went there...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929