DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 3 DJI Air 3 Proves Itself in Iceland | Cinematic & Serene Sights and Sounds

mysticgnarwhal

Reactions

If anybody is interested, I put together a drone reel that captivatingly captures the sights and sounds of our Iceland Ring Road trip. ND filters were unfortunately sold out before we left, so this is strictly on auto with HLG mode and a slight grade to it. I was able to use the 24mm and the 70mm which I was blown away by! I never flew past the signs that said no drones, so the 3x zoom was AMAZING!

I got this with full intention of not thinking it was going to be worth it over the Air 2S, but I must say the battery life and the zoom feature are amazing!

Excellent film and as always with Iceland fabulous scenery. Quick question-how far away from the subject of the shots you used the 3X zoom for were you? Hope that makes sense!

If anybody is interested, I put together a drone reel that captivatingly captures the sights and sounds of our Iceland Ring Road trip. ND filters were unfortunately sold out before we left, so this is strictly on auto with HLG mode and a slight grade to it. I was able to use the 24mm and the 70mm which I was blown away by! I never flew past the signs that said no drones, so the 3x zoom was AMAZING!

I got this with full intention of not thinking it was going to be worth it over the Air 2S, but I must say the battery life and the zoom feature are amazing!
Thanks for sharing. Beautiful shots! LOVE the 70mm lens on A3.

Side note, you mention "no drone signs" in Iceland. Is this is specific areas? So as long as YOU don't see a sign, it's OK?? Ernest question here. I have yet to travel outside USA to other counties with a drone so I don't know what is what.

Thanks for sharing. Beautiful shots! LOVE the 70mm lens on A3.

Side note, you mention "no drone signs" in Iceland. Is this is specific areas? So as long as YOU don't see a sign, it's OK?? Ernest question here. I have yet to travel outside USA to other counties with a drone so I don't know what is what.
Thank you I appreciate it! No it's all good, I guess from everything I read and the maps I checked that where I was flying it was safe to fly - nothing like I'm flying in an NFZ, but like some of the busier waterfalls, there were signs that said no drones when you got closer to the falls. That's pretty much what I meant by that. I had my name and address on my drone like the information I read online said to do.

Excellent film and as always with Iceland fabulous scenery. Quick question-how far away from the subject of the shots you used the 3X zoom for were you? Hope that makes sense!
Thank you, I appreciate it! I'm not sure of the exact distance away I was, but you can tell from the wide shots I got of the waterfalls in the first and second shots. Then, from the same spot, I used the 3x zoom. Hopefully that makes sense...I pretty much shot them from the same spot just switching lenses!

Reactions: twickers14
Thank you, I appreciate it! I'm not sure of the exact distance away I was, but you can tell from the wide shots I got of the waterfalls in the first and second shots. Then, from the same spot, I used the 3x zoom. Hopefully that makes sense...I pretty much shot them from the same spot just switching lenses!
The 70mm is just incredible not only in terms of a different look but it is so sharp/detailed in contrast to the wide lens IMO. Doing pano photos with this bird will be amazing.

The 70mm is just incredible not only in terms of a different look but it is so sharp/detailed in contrast to the wide lens IMO. Doing pano photos with this bird will be amazing.
Yes, I was honestly blown away by the 70mm lens and the detail. I thought for sure it was going to be soft and washed out. And OMG I don't even know why, but I never even thought of doing a pano photo with that lens! They will be amazing, I'm sure!

Yes, I was honestly blown away by the 70mm lens and the detail. I thought for sure it was going to be soft and washed out. And OMG I don't even know why, but I never even thought of doing a pano photo with that lens! They will be amazing, I'm sure!
You guys are very lucky to have the latest kit.

Nice video. Why would one want an ND filter? Doesn't make much sense from a photographic viewpoint?

Wonderful video! Beautiful scenery!

Nice video. Why would one want an ND filter? Doesn't make much sense from a photographic viewpoint?
Thank you! So, when flying a drone on sunny days and aiming for that movie-like feel in your videos, ND filters allow you to achieve the 180 degree shutter rule which is double your frame rate to get that very smooth and non jello looking footage. For example if you fly shoot 4K 30fps you’d want your shutter smooth at 1/60. Ok bright and sunny days it’s not possible to do that without an ND filter. As far as photos, it’s not really necessary in my opinion you won’t notice unless it has a polarizer and fits reflection when you have water in the shot. Hope that helps. Not an expert either but that’s my take and things I’ve noticed over the years

Reactions: wcmead
Thank you! So, when flying a drone on sunny days and aiming for that movie-like feel in your videos, ND filters allow you to achieve the 180 degree shutter rule which is double your frame rate to get that very smooth and non jello looking footage. For example if you fly shoot 4K 30fps you’d want your shutter smooth at 1/60. Ok bright and sunny days it’s not possible to do that without an ND filter. As far as photos, it’s not really necessary in my opinion you won’t notice unless it has a polarizer and fits reflection when you have water in the shot. Hope that helps. Not an expert either but that’s my take and things I’ve noticed over the years
Thanks.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman