DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Air 3

Afnanali1

Reactions
Hello all, I just unboxed my brand new Air 3 and I noticed the gimbal makes a noise when moving to side to side. I know the gimbal is supposed to flop around when the drone is powered off, but is this noise normal?
Thanks in advance!

Can't seem to post the video 🤷🏽‍♂️

Last edited:
Hello all, I just unboxed my brand new Air 3 and I noticed the gimbal makes a noise when moving to side to side. I know the gimbal is supposed to flop around when the drone is powered off, but is this noise normal?
Thanks in advance!

Can't seem to post the video 🤷🏽‍♂️

No, should be silent.. No stickers or shipping material stuck to it by any chance?

@Afnanali1 firstly welcome to the forum
are you sure it the gimbal you can hear, it could be the internal fan ,if you move the drone, with the fan running, the pitch of the sound does appear to change
i know you probably did temove it ,but there is a small wedge of black foam ,that helps to hold the gimbal during transport ,and several people have not noticed it behind the gimbal when first unpacking the drone

my brand new Air 3 and I noticed the gimbal makes a noise when moving to side to side
Mine only makes a sound when the gimbal is turned the whole way to the left or to the right. But that sound is from me making it tap the end point.

Can't seem to post the video
Upload it to YouTube and post the link back here.

Reactions: old man mavic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne