DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Air2S simulator

is there a 3rd party App that will let me use my iPad or iPhone and the Dji controller to fly some practice flights to get used to the controller, before flying the drone itself?
TIA
-joe
Hey @jhclifton welcome to the club. Yes there is a most excellent App by he title DRONEPRIX, that is a combination real time/AR where your going to rate your real drone in your yard or go down to the park, somewhere wide open as u will be closer to the ground starting off until u move up in levels. But u take in augmented reality first set an imaginary coarse in the air(this why I advise open no poles trees fences anywhere with in 50 yds or so in front of u), and the app creates a track firs only on a level plane hen as u gain experience it starts adding vertical to the tracks point is to avoid the objects(that are not actually present)collect the coin and cross the finish as fast as u can. Great way to learn as well as helps u keep your eyes back and forth in the drone and the scree (since u never wanna stare at just the one. As I got better I went to malls and wallmart parking lots placed the tracks where light poles would now be an actual risk of collision. It’s sort of interesting also cause in the app if you “fall’ off the track the drone feels as if it could really fall too many times scared the **** out of me it was really falling from the air track and out of the sky. As far as a virtual simulation even DJI’s didn’t feel anything like the actual drone did. It has a beginner mode also puts u a geo ar wall up the drone won’t pass and only so high and so low. And have faith but don’t rely on any object avoidance, its amazingly on point, and lastly HAVE A FREAKING BLAST FLYING HIGH OUT THERE!! STAYFROSTY!!

Last edited:
Reactions: LoudThunder
I remember the app. 👍

I haven't used it but I know DJI has a flight sim that you may be able to use your remote with...

I have been using the DJI Simulator for a couple of months now. I have the Mavic 2 Pro and i am able to connect the RC-1A controller via USB using the micro-usb on the controller.

If you are running Windows 10 or Windows 11 you have to disable driver signature enforcement before installing the app. Make sure to launch the app and connect the controller to your computer to install the driver before restarting your computer as driver enforcement will be re-enabled by default on next boot, but the driver will remain installed.

You will get some prompts asking if you really really want to install the drivers but its ok, its just that DJI did not sign their drivers. I happen to be an IT Professional and this is very common for APAC companies not to sign their stuff.

Using the flight sim allowed me to find what mode i was most comfortable flying and get some virtual stick time.

Please note that the app does require your computer to have good graphics as they are using the doom unreal engine for the sim. The controller can also be a bit flaky on connecting if using USBC - seems fine with standard USB ports. I do wish everything was unlocked but there's enough there to get your feet wet.

Attachments

• DJI_simulator.jpg
    DJI_simulator.jpg
    534 KB · Views: 4
  • m2pro.jpg
    m2pro.jpg
    573.7 KB · Views: 4
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads