DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dji and Apple

stafvh

Reactions
Recently Apple started selling Dji drones...
is this a warning for customers to be aware of the same ripoff price policies that Apple uses?

Apple has been selling DJI products for years. A bit of assumption on your part to think the you would somehow increase prices just because Apple is selling them. The retail price from DJI’s store is the same as Apple.
I used to think Apple’s product is a bit pricy, but they have quality. A person I know bought a second hand iPhone, less than a year old. The camera was a bit faulty so he went to the Apple store, and Apple gave him a refurbished one for free. The phone he bought had a bit of wear an tear, and now he has like a new one. Businesses have to built into their pricing a bit of margin to cover these sort of things.
Mavic 2 batteries are expensive, but when I had a faulty one, they replaced it for free, twice, including postage back and forth, twice.

I think Apple and DJI partner up due to compatibility mostly. DJI looks good when their software runs without issue. Go4 and other DJI software runs more reliably on iOS as opposed to some android devices.

This is because DJI can optimize their products for iOS so much more effectively than can be achieved on Android OS devices (at this time), and thats solely because iOS lacks the excessive variation that the manufacturers of Android OS create themselves, when they modify the base android code that Google offers, in attempts to make their product 'seem' unique. (Think of how much DJI altered Android 7 for the Smart Controller). This is not Androids fault, it lies with the makers of android devices.

If Android devices allowed for more uniform DJI software optimization, as well as iOS does, then I think we'd see DJI partnering with manufacturers of android devices as well, at least the larger ones, like Samsung? I could be wrong, but I doubt theyll stop modding the OS so its not likely for sometime?

I have not seen any price hikes on DJI products thru Apple either.

As for prices on DJI, Apple and Samsung products, I think they are all expensive, but thats the nature of new tech thats in demand, I suppose...

Quality is appreciated long after the price is forgotten. If you don’t like apple products fair enough. Don’t be fooled by the value proposition myth however. It’s simple to demonstrate to yourself. Have a look at the hardware spec for any current iMAC or iMAC pro machine and then consider the price of a 5K 27” monitor, processor, flash storage and other components and you will quickly realise the package price is hard to beat from other manufacturers or self building options.

Will never buy Apple for 2 reasons

1. Their rip of of 3rd party suppliers

2. Their failure to pay tax to my government.

My Mavic works fine on my Android phone.

Will never buy Apple for 2 reasons

1. Their rip of of 3rd party suppliers

2. Their failure to pay tax to my government.

My Mavic works fine on my Android phone.
Right. And google pays just the right amount of tax to the government and they respect their users privacy. They serve ads equally, instead of secretly filtering them in favour of companies that pays them more in advertising.

With Apple you get top-notch service as far as those batteries you got replaced why didn’t they replace mine aargh

With Apple you get top-notch service as far as those batteries you got replaced why didn’t they replace mine aargh
Don’t be thinking that Apple is going to provide service for DJI products the way they provide service for Apple designed products. While I own an iPhone 10R they were quick to send me to DJI when the 10R didn’t work correctly with my DJI Osmo Mobile 2 that Apple sells. I expect that the same is true for my DJI drone.

While I like my 10R I am thoroughly frustrated at how difficult Apple makes the process of exporting files from the phone to a Windows PC. This seems far easier with any Android product.

Reactions: charliesRig
Bought my MP2 from Apple store. Box appeared to be sitting there for awhile. Mismarked at $1100.00 dollars. Asked mgr for price and he looked it up at$1499.00. However he said that he would honor the marked price. That was the day I got into drones.

Don’t be thinking that Apple is going to provide service for DJI products the way they provide service for Apple designed products. While I own an iPhone 10R they were quick to send me to DJI when the 10R didn’t work correctly with my DJI Osmo Mobile 2 that Apple sells. I expect that the same is true for my DJI drone.

While I like my 10R I am thoroughly frustrated at how difficult Apple makes the process of exporting files from the phone to a Windows PC. This seems far easier with any Android product.
-Rip off of third party suppliers? Don’t follow.

-Drag and drop or email/ wireless transfer. Do it a lot.....

-companies don’t ever pay taxes, their end users do.

- nothing secret about companies making decisions that favor them.... Google, Apple, Microsoft.... they all do it and they all promote their platform.

-user privacy... Apple protects it

This is not intended to be a defense of Apple or criticism of any platform.... we all have a favorite, usually because of familiarity as noted above. Great that there are choices

Bought my MP2 from Apple store. Box appeared to be sitting there for awhile. Mismarked at $1100.00 dollars. Asked mgr for price and he looked it up at$1499.00. However he said that he would honor the marked price. That was the day I got into drones.
Wow that would turn me into an Apple fan

When I decided to buy my mini, my company is a preferred buyer with Apple so I got 10% off and got the fly more package. Everyone else was sold out. Every Apple store around me had inventory. I paid online, drove to the store, walked in and Apples geofence recognized I was there and I had drone in my hand in less than 3 minutes. Easy peasy.

Reactions: Thomas B
Buy some of their stock for your 401k, and never look back
In 1994 my dad had retired and had an extra $10,000 to play with. I recommend CD Radio which was about $1.74, which skyrocketed, but came back to earth. The other recommendation? Apple which was trading at $14. He didn’t listen. ?

In 1994 my dad had retired and had an extra $10,000 to play with. I recommend CD Radio which was about $1.74, which skyrocketed, but came back to earth. The other recommendation? Apple which was trading at $14. He didn’t listen. ?
Really? Even Forest Gump took that advice on board.

Reactions: bzmot
Right. And google pays just the right amount of tax to the government and they respect their users privacy. They serve ads equally, instead of secretly filtering them in favour of companies that pays them more in advertising.

Well played lol

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JJ112