DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI and their low-quality drones (Spark, Mavic Air, Tello)

Dumbest thread ever....mini do u even have a mavic air? Im guessing no....i have a pro and an air....i fly the air more...your argument is null....its about hitting different market segments, everyones pockets. Smart on dji....also where do u see all the wifi problems? Seems everywhere I look I see everybody has pretty good range including me I flew out to 14000 ft stock now that i have my 4hawks hd feed is comparable to my pro..... Autel is awesome, again do u have any of their products?

As I said earlier, I do not own the Mavic Air. I do have multiple friends who own it and have flown the MA several times.

I don't know what market DJI is aiming for, honestly. Mavic Air is becoming more expensive than Mavic Pro for what, a little bit of portability and a rear sensor? It has too much flaws to even compete with the Mavic Pro.

If you really flew out 14 000 feets with stock RC then that is impressive. I cannot reach that distance with my Mavic Pro which uses Occusync, so you must have a really good MA or you are in the perfect conditions. My friends, who own both MP and MA, are disappointed by the range of the latter. I don't know about the Mavic Air forum on here but there were quite a lot of complaints on the official forum.

ps: Please try to stay civil in my thread. Insults gets us no where.

So what are the flaws? Look i love my pro but i find the camera to be better on the air. So i use it more...i could care less about the rear sensors....it flys great and has an awesome camera. All that tech packed into something that small is crazy and the portability. Is another reason. I just dont see how u can discredit it if u dont have one

I don't want to sound insulting, and wouldn't want you to feel offended, but I said earlier that I do not own a Tello, nor a Spark, nor a Mavic Air. I am sorry that you misunderstood my entire post.

You don’t own any, yet have an opinion on all. Just another “I don’t have one so it sucks” post.

Reactions: Elhefe4
I don't want to sound insulting, and wouldn't want you to feel offended, but I said earlier that I do not own a Tello, nor a Spark, nor a Mavic Air. I am sorry that you misunderstood my entire post.
No I get it. I was being sarcastic, so probably not a great contribution to you thread. Sorry about that, but seemed to me your arguement has no merit

Hello,

From what we've seen, DJI is the best RTF photography drone manufacturer there is at the moment. The Inspire, Phantom and Mavic Pro/Platinum series have been a HUGE success because they are so well built and quite simply surpass other drones specs.

However, I have remarked that DJI started releasing 'low-quality' drones in the last months.

First, we've had the Spark. A 400 US+ drone with a 10 minutes flight time, 1080p camera and horrible range. Anyone could buy a Phantom 3 standard, a very old and 'outdated' drone, for much cheaper. At first I thought that it was just a mistake, like all companies do.

However, they then released the Mavic Air, at almost the same cost than the Mavic Pro. It uses WIFI connection and users have been complaining all over the forums about range problems. On top of that, it has a much lower battery life. The camera is not good because it can't focus on the background and often makes up blurry edges, so you get a camera that does not even compete with the Spark's. At least it's very portable which is a very good thing, but it is clear that the Mavic Air does not compete in any way with the Mavic Pro.

Then, they released the Tello. A toy drone with no remote for 160 USD. Seriously? I could buy a Syma x5c-1 for 6 times less and have a RC with it. Tello is not cheap, it's not good, and it cannot go outside because it cannot handle wind.

Why are they doing this? They used to do 1000-4000 USD quality drones that surpassed every other aircraft and now they release low quality toys? Are they aiming for a different market?

This makes me think that the Mavic Pro 2 is not coming soon.
I think you're underestimating the AIR. Yes, the Tello is a toy drone aimed at kids. And why not? Most people don't want to spend $500 on a toy their kids can break in 5 minutes. But your points about the Air are a little misleading. The only disadvantages of the Air are its battery life.
The range is good up to 1,000 - 2,000 yards; it's only poor by comparison to the PRO, but excellent compared to pretty much every other model.
The camera is actaully better. It's smaller aperture and longer focal length of 2.8 means everyrthing is always in focus, without tap to focus. And of course its higher bitrate of 100mps. ANd higher frame rate on some settings.
The Gimbal is completely reengineered and far more robust.
And yet its way smaller and lighter than the Pro and even smaller than the Spark folded up.

Have you actually tried out the different drones or are you just going by what the forums say? Because you'll always get subjective opinions on forums (like yours) that can be misinterpreted for facts....

All DJI have done is widened their product base.... For new dronies, the Air is tremendous. For existing Pro owners, the wait for the alleged MP ll is slow and painful :)

Cheers

Ian

I have the Air .P3 and P4 and the Air is miles better then both and for what I've seen is more then a match for the mavic pro...what range problem?? Unless you see 5.2 km with full control and zero lag a problem?...also 18mins battery life? Thats what I'm getting. What's wrong with that.my longest ever mission in my P4 was 16 mins so no issue there .
As far as build quality the Air is no worse then the P4 or Mavic pro....

So what are the flaws? Look i love my pro but i find the camera to be better on the air. So i use it more...i could care less about the rear sensors....it flys great and has an awesome camera. All that tech packed into something that small is crazy and the portability. Is another reason. I just dont see how u can discredit it if u dont have one

I can 'discredit' it because I have flown the MA several times as I have said earlier. In fact, I probably have flown the MA more than the average owner.

Yes, the MA is a really impressive drone. But I don't think that gaining a little portability over the Pro is worth so many specs.

You don’t own any, yet have an opinion on all. Just another “I don’t have one so it sucks” post.

Had you read the thread, you would know that I have flown each of them, several times. I have a lot of experience with the Spark and the Mavic Air but not so much with the Tello.

what's the point of the Mavic Air per example? It's a Mavic Pro, but not as good.
No, it's better on some aspects. Which is what makes it a pain to have both.
I always want the Air's camera. But I'd also sometimes want the Pro's speed/agility and wireless goggles operation, yet without going back to lower image quality...

And as someone said, "low quality" makes no sense here.

No, it's better on some aspects. Which is what makes it a pain to have both.
I always want the Air's camera. But I'd also sometimes want the Pro's speed/agility and wireless goggles operation, yet without going back to lower image quality...

Problem is, the Air could be OK if it really had a better camera than the Pro. However, the camera is really bad right now and the software messes up every picture.

I have the Air .P3 and P4 and the Air is miles better then both and for what I've seen is more then a match for the mavic pro...what range problem?? Unless you see 5.2 km with full control and zero lag a problem?...also 18mins battery life? Thats what I'm getting. What's wrong with that.my longest ever mission in my P4 was 16 mins so no issue there .
As far as build quality the Air is no worse then the P4 or Mavic pro....

5.2 kilometers no lag? I am sorry, but this is not realistic with the MA.
In theory, the 17 minutes flight time is great but when you compare it to the Mavic Pro then you find a real downer.

The point of this post is that Mavic Air is worse than both of these drones. So yes it is.

That's not at all correct. And yes I have both and fly both.

If you don't see it then that's great. I am a somewhat experienced photographer and I see these problems instantly, which makes the MA unusable for me.

Maybe most inexperienced photographers don't see this problem and that's why they deem the MA's camera as better. I am starting to understand this misunderstanding.

If you actually detailed your output, mentioned what aspects of the camera you don't like and also gave examples it might help - what others consider better on it is widely documented and you're literally giving zero detail, neither commenting on that nor giving additional info aka just trolling.
Your camera might just have a defect, like a few have been found to.

I'm talking about 4K video personally since that's 90% of what I do with my DJI aircraft.

If you actually detailed your output, mentioned what aspects of the camera you don't like and also gave examples it might help - what others consider better on it is widely documented and you're literally giving zero detail, neither commenting on that nor giving additional info aka just trolling.
Your camera might just have a defect, like a few have been found to.

I'm talking about 4K video personally since that's 90% of what I do with my DJI aircraft.

As I said earlier, the Mavic Air has a lot of difficulty to focus on the background. The edges are blurry and there's always this kind of compression that messes up the image. Yes, the Mavic Pro also has the compression problem but if you tweak your settings correctly you can fix it. I haven't found a way to fix the MA's problems, but who knows maybe a firmware upgrade will adress this.

I don't want to sound rude or anything like that, but do you know what trolling means?

5.2 kilometers no lag? I am sorry, but this is not realistic with the MA.
In theory, the 17 minutes flight time is great but when you compare it to the Mavic Pro then you find a real downer.

The point of this post is that Mavic Air is worse than both of these drones. So yes it is.
I think you need t watch you tube mate ..there's loads of people getting 5k on FCC mode unmodded I'm using parabolic reflectors also and that's exactly what I'm getting 5.2 km and as good signal and video feed as my P3A and P4 ....I really don't know where all this Mavic Air range ******** is coming from cos I ain't seeing it .
Also it's already been proven on YouTube that the Air is more then a match for the Pro and has more features then it lacks ....it's a flying camera unless you forgot and guess what it's camera is better then the pros .....ok no tap to focus but tbh I never used that in a drone and half the time I forgot it was there ......the pro is a good drone but it's crap in high winds....proven.....it's gimble design is too fragile I could go on so it's not the best drone by any means

I'm using parabolic reflectors also and that's exactly what I'm getting 5.2 km

Ah, explains everything. Enough said.

BTW, the Mavic Pro is pretty good in high winds. You can watch comparison videos or even try for yourself, it is pretty clear that anyone with any experience will know that the MP is pretty good in high winds.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
suretybondsa