DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI.... ANOTHER STEP BACKWARDS?

MavicMike55

Reactions
Apparently, there is no adjustment available for gimbal pitch speed or smoothness. Please prove me wrong on this. How about EXP adjustment? I think just about every drone released in the last 3 years has a gimbal pitch adjustment! This is not right. ??

Reactions: gwc
well, that's just f-ed up, even the Mini, using the same app, has those (VERY necessary) settings. What the actual F?!

Reactions: itsneedtokno
Apparently, there is no adjustment available for gimbal pitch speed or smoothness. Please prove me wrong on this. How about EXP adjustment? I think just about every drone released in the last 3 years has a gimbal pitch adjustment! This is not right. ??

The app has an adjustment in the System Settings under Control.

I'm sure DJI will add it to the next Fly app update, it doesn't make sense for the not to.

When the Fly app initially came out for the Mini, it took several updates for features to be added, so I'm guessing a similar approach will taken for the MA2.

Very strange... My screen shot is from the Mavic Air 2 part of the app. The aircraft is not connectedView attachment 101186
I do not get the Air2 until tomorrow.
The Fly app updates its available options when connecting to the drone (which enforces my opinion this is a firmware issue). An example is for the Mavic Mini, before the .04 (i think) update the Mini only supported RTH for loss of signal. If you were to look in the Fly app without the drone connected, you would see all options, RTH, Hover Land and only RTH would remain when connecting the drone.

It's beside me how this "LEADER" in drone technology could even release a new drone with out these BASIC functions. It's a real head scratcher. Very disappointing.

Reactions: Shon and Wild Wayne
It's in the iPad version of the app which is newer than the iPhone version.
that's not how iOS apps work, it's the same exact app. Also, it's been confirmed on the DJI forums that MA2 does NOT have gimbal advanced settings.

I opened Fly app on one of my devices the other day . . . I don't have a mini (or Air 2) just wanted to see the shell of it and what was in the menus etc.

I was really concerned when I saw almost all DJI consumer drones listed in the opening screen list, my M1P, Spark, M2, Air, etc.
Is that still there, or is it now only showing the Mini and Air 2 ?
Looking at post #9, it could be just the 2 drones there now ?

If so, I'm happy about that, was concerned that Fly might be adapted by DJI for other models at some future point.

I, for one, believe there will only be one app in the future. Go will only be around for the older drones and no longer updated.

I'm new to this but from a newcomer perspective, I'd agree. It doesn't make sense to pay developers to update multiple apps, and it hurts in production/programming/etc. when you have to have multiple levels of complexity. Having one app for all would simplify it.

I also think they will make the Fly App more robust down the road as they continue to update it, and I'd surmise they address concerns already being mentioned.

We can already see that they have the ability to adjust the app based on the AC connected (mini vs. Air 2) so I would guess that it will have very robust features for Pro Models with features not available to the Air, and features for the Air not available to the Mini, for both product level marketing purposes, and due to hardware limitations.

Why am I not absolutely outraged over this? Weird...

I have noticed that the gimbal speed seems to accompany the mode that it’s in.. Tripod mode and a very slow and steady gimbal speed..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rugnrollseo