DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI app for Android

Madrid

Reactions
Hi
I want to buy the Mavic Pro, but I am worried about the bad app reviews for DJI GO for Android. I have a Samsung Galaxy S8 running Android 7.0. Any thoughts?

I suggest you browse around the forum. The app review on the Google Play and Apple stores both are not stellar, but the performance is fine. I believe that most of the bad reviews are due to the Spark OTG debacle.

Last edited:
Reactions: Madrid
I suggest you browse around the forum. Th app review on the Google Play and Apple stores both are stellar, but the performance is fine. I believe that most of the bad reviews are due to the Spark OTG debacle.

Well not exactly stellar, are they? ;)

I run it on an S8+ and have not had the issues some have reported. I dont know if that means it could be something else besides the platform or something within it. Over 40 hours in the air on it.

Reactions: Jake 61 and Madrid
I run it on an S8+ and have not had the issues some have reported. I dont know if that means it could be something else besides the platform or something within it. Over 40 hours in the air on it.
Thanks for sharing your experience!

I suggest you browse around the forum. The app review on the Google Play and Apple stores both are not stellar, but the performance is fine. I believe that most of the bad reviews are due to the Spark OTG debacle.
Thank you, will study this issue further

You will find good and bad stories for Android and iOS on the site. Android suffers from a plethora of different implementations each with its own quirks and issues. iOS suffers from being Apple.... :D

Reactions: Qoncussion
You will find good and bad stories for Android and iOS on the site. Android suffers from a plethora of different implementations each with its own quirks and issues. iOS suffers from being Apple.... :D
True, I hate apple:)

I'm using my old Galaxy S5 as the Mavic's dedicated display device. I set it up per the recommended Android configuration (to include removing the SIM card) and have had zero issues with it so far.

Hi
I want to buy the Mavic Pro, but I am worried about the bad app reviews for DJI GO for Android. I have a Samsung Galaxy S8 running Android 7.0. Any thoughts?
Yes my thoughts would be to ignore the app reviews and do not worry.
DJI GO for Android works very well and many of us have been using it extensively with few if any issues.

Have Samsung Tablet E. New and for some reason not responding. Screen flashes in and out of App. Any quick fixes or suggestions

Madrid- this may help, Best Tablets and Phones for DJI GO (Updated Daily) - Phantom Help
also, keep in mind as mentioned Android on different devices will act differently as Chrome will be different than Samsung etc.

Herr Wizard- where may I read the configuration you speak of for Android as I too, have a dedicated display. I do have an SD card in the display so I take it I need to remove it?
I'm using Litchi and/or DJIGo4

Reactions: Jake 61
I've a S8 and not experienced any problems. My S2 tablet however is very particular about how it is connected.

I am flying using an A5 2017 phone and have had the app crash twice in 15 hours flying. In both cases re booted and all was fine. I do not know how this compares to others. One crash with old firmware one with new.

Does nearly everyone here have an s8+ !?
I do also and have not yet had an issue with it. Seems very stable.

I'm using a Galaxy Note 8. Phone and app run without hitch if you turn on controller then drone and last, plug phone into controller.

I am running the app on a note 8 as well, I don't have to worry about how I start things.
The added benefit of the note 8 is the display brightness I can run the app in full sunshine and still see the display.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JReynolds078