DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI, Apple and Android

bburnett15

Reactions
I recently heard that DJI is moving away from being compatible with iOs in favor of Android. Does anyone know where this is coming from and if theres any truth in it?

Although DJI uses Android-based software on their devices, it would be a HUGE mistake to not make their software IOS compatible. So, it is very doubtful that would make such a decision.

I didnt think it made sense! Also, i know my Smart Controller is an Android system so i was thinking that with the Smart Controllers becoming more available price-wise that someone started reading too much into it.
a rumor gets halfway around the world…
(and that wqs before the internet!)

That would be a like -The Classic Coke fiasco- never gonna happen maybe they might support one over the other ( nah) but they will always be compatible with both as long as people keep buying them.

Reactions: Joethedrone
Although DJI uses Android-based software on their devices, it would be a HUGE mistake to not make their software IOS compatible. So, it is very doubtful that would make such a decision.
I heard that they are telling the developers to go strictly Android and that they’re not going to support iOS! It may be that they are under instructions from their Government which I pray that they’re not doing! I hope not!

I read it as 3rd party apps. Meaning, the API they offer to tap into the DJI logic will only be supported on Android. I dont think it means they are stopping the iOS Fly App which is 1st party.

Reactions: ryguy80
I heard that they are telling the developers to go strictly Android and that they’re not going to support iOS! It may be that they are under instructions from their Government which I pray that they’re not doing! I hope not!
I find that my Samsung Galaxy S22 is not compatible with DJI Fly even though the phone has been out for over a year. Have you heard of this before?

Other users here: Best Tablets and Phones for DJI GO & DJI Fly (Updated Daily) | Phantom Help
... seem to be able to get the S22 and S22+ to work with DJI Fly.
I have gone through all of the instructions downloading Fly and when I try to install it, I get the message that it cannot be located on my device and the file is too large. that seems strange - can't find it and it's too large? I even had Samsung support look into it and nothing wrong with the phone,. Rats!!

When i bought my first drone i was using a S22 it was the only phone i had,
and i didnt know any difference ,it works just great,
tho now i have bought a samsung S10 to use just for aircraft it also works great

Reactions: sdcaver
I have gone through all of the instructions downloading Fly and when I try to install it, I get the message that it cannot be located on my device and the file is too large. that seems strange - can't find it and it's too large? I even had Samsung support look into it and nothing wrong with the phone,. Rats!!
From where are you downloading the app? It's less than 500MB,

When i bought my first drone i was using a S22 it was the only phone i had,
and i didnt know any difference ,it works just great,
tho now i have bought a samsung S10 to use just for aircraft it also works great
My S22 worked fine after I transfered everything from the older phone for a year, now the new version of Fly won't fly.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard