DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Assistant 2 debug mode how to?

Soul234

Reactions
I tried changing the comment in that one part of the main.js code and it worked for like a second when opening it but it would quickly disappear and the whole program would freeze

is there anything else I could do to fix this because debug mode still isn't really working on the assistant application

I tried changing the comment in that one part of the main.js code and it worked for like a second when opening it but it would quickly disappear and the whole program would freeze

is there anything else I could do to fix this because debug mode still isn't really working on the assistant application

What are you trying to acheive

I want to try to change certain values in the drone for stuff like Altitude but also to try and force my FW that has an ARB value of 3 to downgrade or upgrade to a better version
If you want to change parameters in the drone you can download dronehacks software from drone-hacks.com.
It is free download, and you get access to all parameters in the drone (but no help or instructions on what the settings do).
If you manage to change the rollback value you will be the first one to do that :)

If you want to change parameters in the drone you can download dronehacks software from drone-hacks.com.
It is free download, and you get access to all parameters in the drone (but no help or instructions on what the settings do).
If you manage to change the rollback value you will be the first one to do that :)
I tried DH and it would either fail the installation of the hack or freeze up the program:/

I tried DH and it would either fail the installation of the hack or freeze up the program:/

DH is a rock solid program, ive used it many times with no issues, What quad is it, only the older Mavic quads had firmware that allowed you to make changes such as you mentioned, if you have something newer like the Mini range then forget it, you will never make any changes to those as the FW is encrypted and locked to prevent editing

DH is a rock solid program, ive used it many times with no issues, What quad is it, only the older Mavic quads had firmware that allowed you to make changes such as you mentioned, if you have something newer like the Mini range then forget it, you will never make any changes to those as the FW is encrypted and locked to prevent editing
Mini SE

Is simply reinstalling assistant 2, too obvious or have I missed the point?
Assistant 2 is a “Electron” application.
Earlier versions can be hacked to display some parameters in debug mode but I do not think that changing any of those will resolve your firmware update issue.
I think that you need $root access to be able see/change those parameters.

Last edited:
I want to try to change certain values in the drone for stuff like Altitude but also to try and force my FW that has an ARB value of 3 to downgrade or upgrade to a better version
I am 99% sure you need $roote access to change what you are calling the ARB value.

I am 99% sure you need $roote access to change what you are calling the ARB value.
how can I do that.... I would also like to be able to hack my DJI Assistant 2 app for future personal use so if you could tell me how to hack that.... that would be nice

reinstall didn't work

and how would I get root access?

Honest truth, if you're asking how to hack here, without offending you, you got no chance. To hack something you need exploits, you need to know how to get those exploits, deploy, debug, inject, decrypt etc. Who knows how to do this, I bet will not giving it for free.

how can I do that.... I would also like to be able to hack my DJI Assistant 2 app for future personal use so if you could tell me how to hack that.... that would be nice

reinstall didn't work

and how would I get root access?
The whole point of not giving root access is to prevent hacking of the drone system.
In short it cannot be easily done. Thats why DJI puts the parameters they do not want you to change, at root level.

You could purchase an already hacked main board with route access. I know that root access main boards are available for the Mavic 2 pro/zoom but I do not know about other DJI drones.
See This link for a possible future update.

See This Link for assistant 2 hack and parameters.

See This Link for the platform that Assistant 2 was built on as a web application.

Last edited:
The whole point of not giving root access is to prevent hacking of the drone system.
In short it cannot be easily done. Thats why DJI puts the parameters they do not want you to change, at root level.

You could purchase an already hacked main board with route access. I know that root access main boards are available for the Mavic 2 pro/zoom but I do not know about other DJI drones.
See This link for a possible future update.

See This Link for assistant 2 hack and parameters.

See This Link for the platform that Assistant 2 was built on as a web application.
so in other words i can't root my mini se likely?

Well thats the nature of it.
You will have heard of police organisations being unable to access mobile phone contents without the correct password/login.
Access to the root directory of your drone is blocked by DJI in exactly the same way.

It can be done with hardware and software, by wiping out the drone operating system and then uploading a software version you have created, and obviously you would give your access account administerative rights to the root directory.
With administerative rights to the root directiory of any device will allow you to have full control of the device.

There are Root access motherboards available from third parties for the Mavic 2 drones See Here that are expensive but I do not know if there are any for the mini SE.

Reactions: Soul234
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman