DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Assistant 2 File Infected: tofstarter.exe ?

AForceone

Reactions
Anyone install the DJI Assistant 2+1.2.3 that was recently released 3/23/18 ? Just installed it and Norton Blocked tofstarter.exe as Trojan. Submitted it to Virus Total and it came back with 4 security Vendors (including Norton) giving it bad rep. Is see in the past there were a false positive for a different file but this one seems to be something new ?

Baidu: Win32.Trojan.WisdomEyes.16070401.9500.9999
CrowdStrike Falcon: malicious_confidence_70% (D)
Cylance: Unsafe
Symantec: Trojan.Gen.2

Attachments

• tofstarter.PNG
    tofstarter.PNG
    80 KB · Views: 38
Anyone install the DJI Assistant 2+1.2.3 that was recently released 3/23/18 ? Just installed it and Norton Blocked tofstarter.exe as Trojan. Submitted it to Virus Total and it came back with 4 security Vendors (including Norton) giving it bad rep. Is see in the past there were a false positive for a different file but this one seems to be something new ?

"Forget it, Jake. It's Chinatown."

I have never used a virus program in my life. I’ve been online since 89. Of course I use Mac and Linux. But regarding assistant...I did all the little exercise things trying to calibrate but it always hung up at the very end. So I didn’t have much luck with it. On the virus thing use your router to limit “visitors” and I don’t think it would hurt to turn it off while u run assistant then turn it back on after. Also your firewall allows u to “let in” certain programs and block others. I think Norton and others slow you down a lot. But I guess you can’t put a price on peace of mind.

Reactions: mnis
Yep, just got a warning after DJI Assistant updated

Attachments

• DJI Virus Warning.jpg
    DJI Virus Warning.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 31
My Bitdefender security software also identified a Trojan related to DJI Assistant.
What should we do?IMG_4712.jpg

Last edited:
If it turns out to be true it would be funny in a NOT so funny way!....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J