DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic doesn't connect to Mavic Air 2

Guilty... 10.15.5

Tried the HoRNDIS fix, different cables and ports, no dice...

Considering setting up a Windows 10 bootcamp partition...

I’d highly recommend Oracle’s VirtualBox. You’ll be able to run it within Catalina and have access to all the resources, ports and network within a window. No booting into Bootcamp required. And it’s free.

Been using it since Yosemite.

I’d highly recommend Oracle’s VirtualBox. You’ll be able to run it within Catalina and have access to all the resources, ports and network within a window. No booting into Bootcamp required. And it’s free.

Been using it since Yosemite.

Just seen this now - got a bootcamp partition up and running - same behaviour as on Mac OS, leads me to suspect an issue with the USB C port on the drone?

Reactions: TheOriginalMan
Just seen this now - got a bootcamp partition up and running - same behaviour as on Mac OS, leads me to suspect an issue with the USB C port on the drone?
I have suspected that it's the Drone itself too but it was too new to send back! After a week now, I might be ready to send it in now for a new one, because I didn't pay this much to not be able to plug it into my MacBook pro... I will contact them on Monday to initiate the process.

Reactions: cjsutcliffe
so are you just living with it or sending it back?
Living with it so far... been moving house the past few weeks, yesterday was the first time I've had it out for about a month since I bought it. It's an annoyance, hopefully it will get sorted...

Living with it so far... been moving house the past few weeks, yesterday was the first time I've had it out for about a month since I bought it. It's an annoyance, hopefully it will get sorted...

Ok - I tried several cables. Today at my office I noticed an old insignia brand usb-c to usb-a cable. I used an adapter to plug it into my mac and bam, worked right away. So It's most likely the cable. I can't make sense of what kind of cable it wants (I bought a high quality C to C data cable and that did not work). But this crappy insignia cable that probably came with something I bought years ago worked great. FYI YMMV

Ok - I tried several cables. Today at my office I noticed an old insignia brand usb-c to usb-a cable. I used an adapter to plug it into my mac and bam, worked right away. So It's most likely the cable. I can't make sense of what kind of cable it wants (I bought a high quality C to C data cable and that did not work). But this crappy insignia cable that probably came with something I bought years ago worked great. FYI YMMV
Interesting... I might have to go rummaging through boxes to find a cable...

That is great news!

It sounds like this could be a common theme with the USB-C equipped ports on MacBooks. Not sure if the Mac is being touchy or the port on the AC. My MacBook is the standard USB port version and it works without issue.

So... the only USB A - USB C cable I have to hand is the cable that comes with the MA2 for charging the remote.

I connected it through a USB A to C adapter into my Macbook Pro and it worked first time...

It has to be a data cable not just charging cable. Most are data cables unless you get a cheapo cable. I just updated the firmware on all my batteries today, and used and old fast charging cable for an old android phone. Connected just fine, I would suggest the cable for charging the controller but unless you have a laptop that’s pretty hard to use space/length wise.

This is the cable I used this morning so I can confirm it works.

It has to be a data cable not just charging cable. Most are data cables unless you get a cheapo cable. I just updated the firmware on all my batteries today, and used and old fast charging cable for an old android phone. Connected just fine, I would suggest the cable for charging the controller but unless you have a laptop that’s pretty hard to use space/length wise.

This is the cable I used this morning so I can confirm it works.

This is a specific issue with newer Macs. It’s about the ports on the machine rather than the cable

Problem is fixed. I was using wrong cable to connect MA2 to PC. You need to use the USB cable used for charging the Controller. Might have to use a USB hub to adapt. The update for MA2 took quite a long time to complete. DJI Chat tech help provided the answer to this problem. Good people...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djiNonMini