DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic doesn't connect to Mavic Air 2

Reactions
Whats up everybody!! Im happy i found this place! Im new to this drone life! I Just purchased a Mavic Air 2 as my first "real" drone, and so far the last two days have been amazing! i didn't realize how exhilarating flying at this level could be!

To the issue I am having, I am able to connect the Remote Control to the software, but am unable to connect the drone to the software. Is there something i am missing? like a specific combination of buttons? One thing I do notice is that none of the usb c cables i have tried to connect go in all the way flush with the unit. Is that everyone else's experience??

I have re installed the program multiple times, and the RC connects so i don't think its the macbook or the cable..

Did you turn on the Mavic Air before connecting the USB to the Mac ?

Via a system report have you checked whether the Mac has detected the MA and that there isn't an error with it ?
Thanks for that suggestion! where in the system report would it be? There are a lot of files and folders in there!

great great info that i saved, but unfortunately it still didn't work! the controller worked with the usb c cable that comes with the mac but the actual drone didn't. I cleared everything in that guide and still nothing from the drone. It doesn't even show up under usb on system information screen...

@TheOriginalMan Did you download just “DJI Assistant 2” or “DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic” (see DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic- DJI Download Center- DJI). First one is 1.xx and doesn’t see my air 2 too, the second one is 2.0.12 and works ok on Mac. Also in the end of Assistant 2 for Mavic installation process MacOS shows that some component is blocked and you need to manually allow launching it in MacOS settings, see Security&Privacy menu, general tab. Without the last thing Assistant doesn’t see your mavic.

Last edited:
@TheOriginalMan Did you download just “DJI Assistant 2” or “DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic” (see DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic- DJI Download Center- DJI). First one is 1.xx and doesn’t see my air 2 too, the second one is 2.0.12 and works ok on Mac. Also in the end of Assistant 2 for Mavic installation process MacOS shows that some component is blocked and you need to manually allow launching it in MacOS settings, see Security&Privacy menu, general tab. Without the last thing Assistant doesn’t see your mavic.
I definitely got "DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic" I also made sure to allow all prompts in the "Security & Privacy" General tab... I am really at a loss, but because this is my only drone and its new, and I am able to get footage from it via Micro sd card and downloading the first flight footage, I really really really don't want to send my 4 day drone in yet! it is too soon!!!

I definitely got "DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic" I also made sure to allow all prompts in the "Security & Privacy" General tab... I am really at a loss, but because this is my only drone and its new, and I am able to get footage from it via Micro sd card and downloading the first flight footage, I really really really don't want to send my 4 day drone in yet! it is too soon!!!

With your SD card plugged in to the AC you should see two devices in Finder. One will be the SD card (may be called ‘NO NAME’ and the other should be your AC.

If you disconnect the cable does your Mac show Device Incorrectly Removed?

Have you tried a different USB port?

Reactions: TheOriginalMan
Try using a different cable. (for example the short USB-C to USB-C one that came with the controller)

I'd try a windows PC, that would isolate the issue to the Mac if it connects
and to the AC if it doesn't connect

I also had Air 2 connection problems on a PC running Windows 7 Pro. I now do everything via my iphone 11 Pro, on the RC. Firmware updates and image/video downloads; backups via the SD card to the PC (external 2TB drive).

With your SD card plugged in to the AC you should see two devices in Finder. One will be the SD card (may be called ‘NO NAME’ and the other should be your AC.

If you disconnect the cable does your Mac show Device Incorrectly Removed?

Have you tried a different USB port?
My Macbook shows no indication that anything is connected. I have tried all four USB-C ports on my MBP. Thanks for your suggestions though!!

Try using a different cable. (for example the short USB-C to USB-C one that came with the controller)
I have tried every usb cable i have, and i only try cables with the MA2 that work with the controller! So it seems like its not a cable issue!! Thank you for your suggestion!!

Are you running Mac OS Catalina? if yes, there is an ongoing issue with the Horndis driver package DJI supplied.
You could try to install this version:

Some how if there's still a non Mavic Air 2 device issue this is it!! i have installed it but i don't see it in the system/extension folder... but as far as i know it is installed because i have installed it before, and i have accepted any prompts for it. Thank you for the suggestion!! i will try it again tonight

Good day guys,

New user here, just purchased a MA2 and having the exact same issue as OP with DJI Assistant for Mavic on my Macbook Pro. It will see the RC but not the drone...

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki